• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sarah Saturday. A FM/HSO ice fishing get together!!!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eric Wettschreck

• riverrat56

• muc33

• Team Otter

Hey Boilerdude and Muc - I'm hoping to make it again, unless the Womens GTG is that weekend. Last year was awesome ! And I hear those jumbo perch calling my name laugh

wanger, I will be at this for sure, if it's shorter for you to meet me in New Ulm and then head over we can drive and fish together

Hey MUC if you would of brought that one home from Texas we could of had a great meal on the ice. HaHa. laugh I didn't have any luck this year turkey hunting but the hard water is on it's way. Can't wait for some eye or perch on the stove. I charged up the vex the other night, the wife thinks i'm nuts but I'm just getting started. smirk Got to get the auger rack on the new wheeler, got to get prepaired ya know. See Ya on the hardwater!

Just a reminder to everyone (see pg 1 of this thread)

I will be sucessful in shutting this lake down for the GTG, I proved my abilities a few weeks ago on Madison for the SC GTG, and have no reason to believe I will do anything differnt this time.....

Just a heads up............

After muc eats chili, he can make the people disappear. grin

Fear not Nick, I found some pictures of Lake Sarah fish so I know they exist. grin Somehow, someway, we'll prove to you there are more than bullheads in Sarah.

Don't worry, I won't be disappointed with another failure....

I will likely be making a trek to Sarah before this GTG so hopefully I can act like I know something that day...

None of us know anything. Thank goodness it's a small enough lake where if we drill like TO, we'll put water on top of the ice. grin

I think we just pointed out to TO that augers acctually have a throttle, his goes from Off to Wide Open Throttle as soon as it starts....

And now I'm in the market for a new one. I've been dreaming in color of a Nils but it's tough to leave Strikemaster.

TO, you'd look great with baby blue! I know what you mean though. My group of guys has both. So I can get my fix of either. Hoping you can make it again this year.

Check!! Will have to check on that motel in Tracy again for alittle early action.

TO, I do believe you are probibly tall enough for that nils, since they made them with height restrictions!!

Lonnie

It's a great time. Do what you can to make it. From all the smak talk, and it's still November, you can see we like to have a little fun........at TO's expense. grin

I am pretty sure I will be able to make this!

Check!! Will have to check on that motel in Tracy again for alittle early action.

Lonnie

Lonnie,

Interested in splitting a room?

Yous guys should check out the Hilltop Inn in Slayton, also. Decent rooms for a good price.

Lonnie and PDOGG, I may have a permanent to bring down that weekend, we could stay out on the lake on Friday night possibly, unless you guys acctually want to catch fish.....

If not I would be game for splitting a hotel room for a night Mike

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.