• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tonka Opener

I will be hitting Tonka again this year for opener. This is only the second time I have been there on opener. Last year didn't produce for me. Anyone have any suggestions? I will be in Wayzata and Browns Bay. I was thinking of working the 6-12 ft range. At these depths will jigs and lindy's get hung up in last year weeds?

Thanks and good luck to all..

Last year weeds???????
You can count on this year weeds.
Fish the semi stained water, You may need to head a little further west for that. There is a strong myth on Tonka, and that is that people are in a mind set that the good Walleye fishing is in the Wayzata area, Do't let this myth fool ya!!!!!

i am a dock installer on tonka, and have seen lots of fish around howards, and on carsons bay, includeing some very large muskies in carsons. sorry i cant say more, as i didnt get out opener, i had to work.

------------------