• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

OPEN SEAT OR LOOKING FOR A FISHING PARTNER?

Would love to get out on the big lake this summer, I work weekends, weekdays off, willing to pay! Or if anyone wants to go in on a launch! PM me, I'm an hour out of Duluth.

Kettle

Kettle e-mail me if you have a wisc. license we can try some South Shore eyes and if that dont work try some lakers on the Mn. North Shore.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. I am up in Duluth for a month for school related things.

If anyone needs a fishing partner sometime in the Duluth area I would be willing help pay for bait/gas. I would be really interested in fishing the big lake. I typically have school stuff until 4-5pm on weekdays. I might be able to swing an early morning until noon sometime as well.

Best way to get a hold of me is email: [email protected]

thanks and tight lines

Dan

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a student at UMD willing to buy the beer and bait if someone can provide good chat and any idea where fish might be hiding. A warm shack isn't that bad either!

• 4 months later...

I'll be up in the Duluth Area this weekend and was wondering if anyone with an open spot would be kind enough to let me tag along on the big lake Monday morning? Never caught a coho or laker on Superior but have fished all my life. I'll pay for gas or food and drinks or whatever. I can also offer to return the favor with a trip for walleyes year round or flathead catfish down on Pool 4 and Lake Pepin.

If you've got a spot open you can reply here, email me: [email protected] or call me: 320-266-1423

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for one person to hop in my boat on Monday for a Lake Superior fishing trip. We can fish in Mn or Ws. I have all the gear. All you need is a license with a trout stamp/great lakes trout stamp for WS. Looking to launch around 6:00 am from either McQuades or Loonsfoot. Would like you to help pay part of the gas bill is all I ask. Please PM me or leave your contact info.

Jim if there is a next time call me and let me know. I got up at 4:00 and drove from Ely to work in the cities this morning. I would have much rather driven to Superior and went fishing with you.

Mike you are more then welcome to hop in my boat anytime. It really is all about the weather and if we can get out and fish.

Thanks Jim. I was up at Big Lake at our place off the Echo Trail and hadn't logged into the forums since last Thursday so I didn't see your your post until today. Jodi is now renting a house real close to the Van Vac access so if you are headed up to Burntside to fish let me know and we can get together for fishing or a BBQ or whatever. I am up there a lot.

Sound like a great idea Mike. We will see whats up with the schedule.

• 4 weeks later...

Jim,

I'm semi-retired and usually available if you need a passenger. I'm about 5 miles from the McQuade landing. I've got rods and tackle if you need any.

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

I just moved into the Duluth area and would be interested a finding some fishing partners. (still can't convince my wife)

Hard water or soft water.

My experience is limited around the Duluth area

With my work schedule i've got open days during the work week but not much on the weekends.

Send me a PM

Kind of late notice, but 3 of us are heading up the shore tomorrow (Sunday). We are looking for a 4th. We will be leaving my place at 4:30, jumping into a buddy's truck at 5:00, and trailering up to Silver Bay. Hopefully fishing from 6ish to 2:00. All you will need to supply is a snack for yourself and pitch in maybe $10 for gas. Give me a call before 10:00 tonight if you are interested. 22' boat.

Thanks,

Lorin

218-260-6404

Hi,

My wife and I are taking a trip to the Duluth/ North Shore area this weekend. I would really like to do some salmon or Lake trout fishing as I have never done so and I don’t have any in my area.

If anyone has 2 open seats for my wife and I,( I am a serious fisherman), she would fish if they are biting, I would love to tag a long and catch a few fish and make a new friend or two.

I would be willing to trade out a fishing trip in eastern/north eastern south Dakota in exchange, Open water or ice fishing. We have incredible walleye and Jumbo perch fishing and some huge smallmouth as well. A late season duck hunt may be a possibility as well.

If that doesn’t interest you I am the South Dakota state champion fish taxidermist and would be willing to work out a partial credit trade on a fish mount or anything for that matter.

I may book a charter if this doesn’t work out, does anyone have any recommendations for a good charter boat. What part of the lake would be most productive to launch out of, we will be from Duluth all the way up the shore at different parts of the trip.

What is considered a good day of fishing this time of year as far as numbers, and how big do the fish run on average, Just so I know what to expect.

Also would be interested in doing some musky fishing if anyone has a good spot to hook up with some big active fish. I will have a musky rod and a few lures with but I do not own any deep water gear.

Sorry I have Lots of questions but also wondering how the fly fishing is and if anyone has any spots I should check out with a fly rod and waders, or just general area lakes that may be good shore fishing or from a canoe (for any species)

Sunday Monday and Tuesday (august 12-14) would probably work out best to do some fishing on the big lake, we will be in the silver bay area then, but some of the other days later in the week may work as well.

Thanks for any information you are willing to share with me, I would prefer an email , call, or text, to keep information off the web, My contact info is as follows,

Thanks,

Tyler Erickson

605-691-1145

[email protected]

• 4 months later...

Hello!

My name is Adam and I'm new to the Area (well not really went to school at UMD for 4 years and graduated in 2010 and now I'm back!).

I've been looking for a fishing partner for awhile up here. I'll do any type of fishing (Steelheadin, ice fishing, big water, ect..ect..) but I am a huge ice fisherman. I have all the gear and am ready to go!

• 1 year later...

I will be prefishing the river next Thursday and Friday for the TPWA Tournament. If anyone, preferably with SLR experience wants to jump in my boat shoot me a note. I have a 2007 1760 Ranger Angler.

Simon

• 4 weeks later...

Know it's short notice, but I need to take advantage of a couple of days off so thinking I may haul the boat up the Duluth/Superior tomorrow (Thursday 6/5) and fish Thursday late morning, evening and Friday morning. Looking like a solo trip at this point so have room for 1-2 more if anyone is in the area.

Not sure yet if I'll launch out of Loon's, Barker's or McQuade, may be a last minute decision as I start down the hill.

If interested, shoot me an email at: MLeslie347"at"gmail.com and I'll give you my cell.

• 4 weeks later...

I am planning on coming up on Thursday to do some trolling for Salmon and Lakers. I noticed the wind has shifted to be more out of the south. Has this impacted the warmer water to the north? Any updates or reports from the Big Pond would be great. If anyone is headed out on Thursday and wants a seat in the boat shoot me a PM. Thanks!!

Heading out on the River or bay tomorroow AM for some 'eyes. No guarantees on catching anything, but at this time I have an open seat. PM me here.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is launching at boy scout landing, anytime this summer, looking for smallmouth, then I'd like to go along. Also, if anyone is looking for a bass tournament coangler then please consider contacting me.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to fill 2 seat to fish Lake Superior state line on sat 7/26/14 ,,,Reply or PM if interested all I ask is to split operating expenses,,, I have all the rods and tackle needed to fish the Mn side ,,,Might have to load more rods if we fish the Wi side

• 3 weeks later...

I have another opening for 1 or 2 seats for sat aug 16th to fish Lake Superior PM or email me if interested

Northlander I havent fished an inland lake in ,,,well 4 years so my walleye fishing is kinda out of practice

Loonasea,

You still got open seats? I have plans to fish locally with a friend but we could possibly change them for a day.

Thanks!

Edit: We're in if you're still open. PM and Email sent.