• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
PLfisherman

cedar lake scott county

PLfisherman

Anybody been there yet this year and had much luck. Winter fishing there was horrible this year, nothing but potatoe chip size crappies and we usually do really good there.

mntrapper

Well I fished it thur, fri, and sat of Easter weekend and the crappies were bitting very good. Easally could have caught our limit only kept 12 inch fish and bigger and only keept enough to eat for each night. Last year I missed the crappie bit but the year before I was there during the crappie bit and was there again this year during the crappie bit. Fishing was easy and it was good.

Good luck

Thomas

i never caught bigger than 10" crappies at Cedar. where and what presentation were you using?

mntrapper

I am very surprised to hear that Thomas. All we were using were fathead minnow on a plain hook. But a few years ago that worked well for a week or so then they mellowed out quite abit so our fathead minnows had to be hardly alive. I also have used a very small silver spoon type lure casting that out and jigging it back.

The biggest one we caught out there was14 1/2 inches.

I have had my best luck out there in May on the rock bar but last year never did find them hopfully in may they will be there again.

Good luck.

crappieflop1212

hmmmm?