• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

who makes the brightest L.E.D. lights

robert1965

Question

I have the old clam rope lights. they are great for not using much power. but not so bright, what are my options.

• Answers 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• wishing for walleyes

• WinterHaven

• cRaPpiEMaN8265

• robert1965

Check out the MIT Lightstorm rechargeable LED light. I like to hang mine over the tube in my Trap Pro and I can shine it down right over my holes if I like. I paid like 30 bucks for mine a couple years ago.

here as well.2 48cm strips and 1 96cm strip wired up on individual switches.Very low power draw.Here`s a picture of my 96cm strip.

Dans182.jpg

And heres a picture of a 48cm strip.

Dans167.jpg

You can see just how bright it is in my portable from the second picture.

I use round boat interior LED lights from Cabelas, I have 3 of them in my Otter Lodge.

The thing I really liked about them is each light has it's own switch, so it was really easy to wire them to the battery and turn each one on or off as needed. All 3 lights are mounted on the center pole, the 2 outside lights are angled forward toward the holes and the center light is angled back and into the sled. A little more light for tying knots would be okay but I can get by with 3 lights. I usually turn 1 or 2 of them off when fishing. I won't win any 'brightest house' contests but they really work out great for fishing.

I have a 6800 and the led lights are excellent but dont work as well as you would think if you are planning on putting them up on the two fixed end parts. if i was you i would think about four strips. The only reason i say this is becuase unlike the flip over houses you dont have alot of brightness to illuminate your house, all you have is a dark floor. so in my opinion i would go with 4 bhk strips if thats the alley your going to go dwn.

here as well.2 48cm strips and 1 96cm strip wired up on individual switches.Very low power draw.Here`s a picture of my 96cm strip.

Dans182.jpg

And heres a picture of a 48cm strip.

Dans167.jpg

You can see just how bright it is in my portable from the second picture.

Is that a Canas Craft Northlander your in. Made my mind up gonna git me one of those. I'm not going to have any money left to live off in the winter I'd better catch a lot of fish

It is a frabil r2 tec model 300.I did purchase it at canvas craft.Really like the insulated house.

zamboni...sounds good.I know where the big ones lurk out there.

Limitout... I purchased mine mid season last winter and used them every weekend without any problems with them.1 strip alone lights my portable up.All 3 strips turned on at the same time is like day light in there.Here`s another picture with just the 96cm turned on.

Dans185.jpg

Bright as heck and very low draw. Usually only use one light strip, two is daytime in there.

How durable are those LED strips that have been mentioned?

LMIT - the lights are extremely durable. The LEDs are encased in a rubberized plastic that is flexible even when very cold. The wires are pretty thin, but not really an issue if you wire them up right and use some heat shrink tubing.

What do you guys use to power these? Do you use the 12 v 7ah vex batteries? Also, how long will a charged battery last?

I have a 5ah vex style battery that I run the lights off of, and I tested it for 20+ hours one weekend last year and they were still shining bright.

Thanks for the feedback on the durability. I may have to do some modifying to my current lighting set up.

These lights draw very little power and are very bright! As what was stated they do have very small wires attatched to them, but are workable. I have a few of these strips, and on each of them there are a couple burned out bulbs in them, but it is still extremly bright. I havent looked into getting a replacement under warranty for them being burnt out, but I know last year some people have, and they sent out new ones free of charge. I guess the couple non working led's dont bother me that much.

I haven't tried the rope lights, but I bought a LED light with 48 LEDs to hang from one of the support tubes of my portable. It has settings for 12, 24 and 48 LEDs. I went into a room that was dark, shut the door and turned it on. It lit the room like daylight. It uses 4 AA batteries and is supposed to run 30 hours on a set of batteries. I think it will be a big improvement over my propane lantern. No more broken mantles.

Do you all use the 48cm or 96cm Flexible White LED Water Proof Tube? I think I ordered the wrong ones the first time, I ordered the flexible 5mm 24 LED strip in White... Will these still work?

Thanks

Ryan

Wishing for walleyes- That last picture with the heater going and bobbers in the holes just gets me excited for winter again!!

Can't wait!

chicken.gif

Do you all use the 48cm or 96cm Flexible White LED Water Proof Tube? I think I ordered the wrong ones the first time, I ordered the flexible 5mm 24 LED strip in White... Will these still work?

Thanks

Ryan

Most use 2 of the 48cm strips.

Limitout...In the last picture the bobber on the right is going down in the picture.Crappies were bighting that night.

Are these lights hard to find and where to look. I love the sound of the lantern but the light could be better.

I just received 2 48cm strips in the Warm White for my Frabill Magnum. I think one of these strips would be more than enough. I couldn't imagine running 2 96cm strips as it'd be blinding.

Need to do some routing of the wires now and wire up a switch, to run them single or double.

Now I need to order another set for my Commando smile