• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Dragon Fish ll

Need Bait

Dragon Fish ll

Now that Hayes bait and tackle has closed and moved, does anyone know of any bait stores close in the city. I think last year someone mentioned live bait somwhere on Penn. Looking for somthing around iner city.already know the ones way out.

Fisher Dave

The gas station a few blocks north of 394 on Penn ave used to carry some bait.. I havent been there in a long time.

Is the bait shop(Lunkers?) on 66th & 12th(ish) gone now?

St Paul still has a few .. Joes Sporting goods and River Road bait I would have to guess is still there.

I moved out of the cities so I'm not on top of what is still there.

Now would be a good time to invest in a 55 gallon aquarium and buy minnows by the gallon from Fish Lake Bait(Harris) or Kens(Shakoppee).. or do some research and put out minnow traps.

*City of Lakes* and no more bait shops?? Something isn't right.

Lunker

Yes, Lunkers(used to be b & d ) closed last year due to not being able to renew their lease, guess the owner no longer wanted a bait shop there. There is spur station off of 77 and old shakopee road that has very good bait, or you can head to a gander mountain.

jigginjim

You can get bait at johnson's bait on west bass lake road. But on the south side its spur (cedar&old shakopee) OR Gander mtn.
Ganders in lakeville on 35W got all new bait tanks and they open @ 5:00 AM.

Sealegs

I have the same issue and want to share in your misery! Ever since they turned Minnehaha into a coffee shop getting bait has been a thorn in my side! My advice to you is have your fishing buddy get the bait! I fish Pool 2 and usually meet some one at the access who is driving through town get them to stop by Joes, Anglers, Spur ect.. they want to ride in the boat they buy the bait!
Sealegs

slick814

Lunker's Bait Tackle & Outpost
1308 E 66 St
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55423 - 2642
(612) 866-5640

Or Bryn Mawr on Penn may be the closest thing's you'll find

------------------
Fishin' is life
The rest is just details

HellaBass

If you live anywhere near the northside, Vados in Fridley - Spring Lake park is good. Hwy 65 jus south of CR 10

------------------
Rather Be Fishing!!!

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 04-26-2004).]

dwag70

Hey don't forget about gimps bait on rice at about maryland st in St Paul. And Blue Ribbon Bait on Century in Oakdale. I feel lucky to be living on the northeast side on the twin cities There is always a bait store close by !!! Try the Frabil buckets with the aerators i have been able to keep a scoop of crappie minnows alive in one one for about a week !!!! cost about $20 bucks