• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
B Nelson

Duck Reports?

Cody Lubeley

where were you hunting at when you shot the Bill?

Gordie

laura lake up buy longville just west of big rice lake

Cody Lubeley

oh ok i know where that is I Muskie fish up there on Little Boy

Gissert

I went out for a quick hunt on some bigger water near Fergus today.

Some larger flocks of mallards, and ringers too.

Nothing much wanted to decoy with the exception of hoodies and a surprising number of cans.

chub

Hunted way out west yesterday afternoon 'til sunset. Thought it would be a slam dunk.

Saw very few birds, and most of those were EXTREMELY decoy shy. We need some new birds.

wallter

Gissert,

Heading up a little North of Fergus Falls tonight. Still not sure where I'll hunt. Any thoughts? Thanks.

slabchaser

went out this morning. saw lots of gw teal and mallards.

Gissert

Walter,

North of Fergus is a little out of my stomping grounds.

From what I saw this morning, I think I might switch to field hunt geese for a while

icefishing21

went out today again with cole (eyes05) and ended up shooting one blue wing teal. man are those things tiny! oh well fun hunt. ill post pics when i get them

jhanks50

went yesterday and got 4 mallards one was the biggest I have ever shot, but did not get a pic of it....did some poor shooting otherwise would have had a bunch more...

icefishing21

went out to rice lake in savage this weekend and ended up shooting 5 ducks with my buddy cole (eyes05). we shot 3 saturday morning, 1 saturday night, and one tonight. we also watched a flock of 3 trumpeters fly right over this guy and he shot one down. wouldve called TIP but didnt have my phone out there.

Scott Stein

yesterday morning 5 gw teal and 1 mallard lots of flocks flying around here icefishing21 call it anyways we have to do everything we can to stop those [PoorWordUsage] idiots

dan z

another reason to have at all time thats sick

did you get a plate number or a desription of the boat/truck

SledNeck

i saw 5 mallards today and 2 other big somethings on the water while truck n'jumpin, but by the time we got out and walked around the body of water they were gone. Lesser canadas or some really huge mallards....was very drizzly.

icecold

3 mallards and 1 wooduck yesterday I just cant believe what a great season my sons and I are having with mallards and other ducks ,my oldest son of 12 has never shot as much as this season, and he even outshot the old man 1 day grin

Cheetah

I went deer/pheasant hunting over the weekend, drove through Appleton and didn't see anywhere near the number of hunters we usually do. The campground is usually packed, but on Friday it was empty, and Sunday there were maybe 6 rigs in the lot.

On all the lakes and swamps and pretty much everything we checked out west, there were very few ducks to be seen. A handful of flocks of geese were migrating south, but nothing really impressive.

John Swanson

Hunted outside of ortonville all weekend saw a handful of ducks maybe 20 lots of geese by clinton other than that pretty disappointing....new birds are needed badly!!!!!

Scott Stein

went out this morning to swan w/ my buddy seen 6 ducks and a guy pulled up 100 yds next to us while were settin up dekes and shot one of those 6 ducks we seen pretty slow...we need some more northerns around here maybe some geese too i havent seen a goose in 2 wks and i farm late everynight so if there was some around i would see them

Roosterslayer05

Went out friday and saturday, no ducks around! Saw about 2,000 mallards using a cornfield, talked to the farmer who owned the land but we couldent get permission. He was a real nice guy but I guess someone else already had permission. Besides that we dident see much, we got 3 hooded mergansers, 3 gwt, and a pintail friday. Hunted a cut bean field saturday and shot 3 geese. Only decoyed 1 flock of four, and dropped three but all three were banded. That saved the trip! The birds lit in the pocket about 15 yards away, I doubled and my buddy got 1. He was dissapointed that he missed the other considering the three we shot all had bands, I bet the one that got away was also banded. Lots of geese around, saw plenty of EPP's and cacklers along with the usual giants, even saw a couple small flocks of snows but no ducks to speak of.

fritz179

Saturday morning ended up with one gadwall and saw a few flocks. On Sunday morning I ended up with 5 ducks and 1 hooded merganser. Sunday was the best hunting I've had this year. There were still the same amount of ducks that I've seen all year, I was just set up in the right place. Other than those ducks I didn't really see a whole lot. We defintely need some birds to get pushed down.

BoxMN

Went out this morning in north metro. Got two reheads and saw a few buffies, and a flock of divers alomst came to us. Saw some mallards, but nothign much, and surprised by the lack of geese. My brother and Grandson did miss a nice fat sawbill smile So I got to raz them a bit.

Surprised at the lack of ducks, and I was not expecting it to be great, but really few of them.

ChuckN

Pretty dead in central OT county, but I heard reports of some good numbers of divers that trickled in over the weekend..

Saturday yielded a few flocks of mergansers that decoyed so nice(didn't shoot..) and 2 redheads that came in without hesitation. I took the drake, let the hen swim. Saw a few other flocks flying..

Just in time for deer opener this coming weekend, the weather looks like it's going to change a wee bit. Canada will be getting much colder, and looks like we may get some cold (and snow storm?) next week... bring some birds south!

Quackaddict9

Good in NW minnesota. Shot limits of mallards on Thursday morning and Sunday morning. We also shot limits of geese Thursday, Friday and Sunday morning. Lots of birds around.

Went on Thief Lake Saturday morning, not many birds but sounded like alot shooting to the NE of us. All other hunts on fields. Pictures in the 2008 waterfowl photo thread.

icefishing21

no there was so many trucks in the parking lot because the parking lot is shared by bow hunters too that we didnt know which was theres but if we see them out there again soon we will reconize them and be able to find there truck and stuff.