• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

At least score a run!!

Coach1310

At least score a RUN!!!! We all know they overacheived, but at least give us a shot to go to the playoffs!!! 2 hits!!! O RUNS!!!!! I'm dissappointed that we seemed to roll over after sweeping the SOX!

Maurer and Morneau were both o for whatever. One cannot win with clutch hitting like that. The better team did win.

I pesonally don't think Gardy was serious about this game. Putting Cuddyer instead of Kubel? Cuddyer missed too much time IMO to be effective.

Disappointed with M&M also.

Cuddyer had 50% of the hits. The age of this team hurt us in this high pressure game, look at I believe was the 7th inning, Danks pitch count is climbing and all three batters go up flailing away at every pitch, 6 pitch inning, you already know that you aren't having success against him! Take some pitches and get him out of there??? Way too tight tonight.

Yeah! Gardy wasn't real serious about the game he should have started Kubel a LEFT handed batter with a career average of .071 against a LEFT handed pitching Danks!

I give up...... grin

you have to go with what got you there people. That is what baseball is all about.

They didnt hit, so they lost. You have to play the people that got you to that point.

LOL! I suspose you wouldn't have used Jose Mijares then who just joined the team and did another outstanding job tonight.

bass he does that all the time, because he knows everything. it is very sad to see them [PoorWordUsage] away this game and not even get a run.

oh and if morneau gets the mvp i will be very disgusted, 3 for 30 to finish the season is not mvp material.

because he knows everything.
No but some of you think you know more about baseball then one of the best Managers in the game and I disagree with that and have no problem with Gardy using Cuddy over Kubel tonight. Basic math and percentages is all it is and it worked with Cuddy getting one of 2 hits and almost scoring the go ahead run.

we could move mauer to first and trade Morneau for Evan Longoria and Scott Kazmir.

Quote:
Cuddy getting one of 2 hits and almost scoring the winning run.

didnt you forget, Thome hit a solo homer!!!! crazy Man I wanted these boys to get to the playoffs...It's gonna be a long season from April, I am looking forward to after all star break!

Quote:
we could move mauer to first and trade Morneau for Evan Longoria and Scott Kazmir.

so who plays catcher? Redmond....?

Originally Posted By: KMR85
No but some of you think you know more about baseball then one of the best Managers in the game and I disagree with that and have no problem with Gardy using Cuddy over Kubel tonight. Basic math and percentages is all it is and it worked with Cuddy getting one of 2 hits and almost scoring the go ahead run.

Not saying playing cuddy was wrong, but how can you say it worked? We didn't score and our season is done. Again, who knows if playing kubel would have worked or not but don't go saying yesterday's lineup worked.

Playing Cuddy over Kubel was the right thing to do any manager in the majors would of done that. One thing I questioned last night was why did Gardy have Mauer bunt??? Common pull your head out of your you know what he's the batting champ and you have him bunt, very nice move. Plus it doesn't help when Morneau has been the biggest bum on this team since the Tampa Bay series. And someone said it in a post he does not deserve the MVP playing like that, I say give it to Pedroia.

Congrats to the Sox, really cool that both Chicago teams are in the post season together for the 1st time in 102 years.

Do I think they will make it far I doubt it. Go CUBS!!!!!

Well Kebel did get a chance and struck out...Mauer always has the green light to bunt, the call didn't come from Gardy, he has done that on occasion all season, if he doesn't feel comfortable up there that is a good way to try to get on...thats Twins ball, the style that got them there. And Mornuea, holy cow was he awful the last week or so, he will not win the MVP because of this and the fact we were eliminated.

I don't think anyone should discount JM's MVP chances on 30 at bats---it maybe that it was his last 30 at bats that blew but look at the whole season. He was a HUGE part of the reason the twins were in a position to even make the playoffs. The reason the twins didn't make the playoffs is because of their horseshart bullpen work over the last month and a half--end of story.

jeff

They had a great season that fell short by 1 run! Lets give them some credit! Some of you already want to trade half the team and kick the [PoorWordUsage] out the other half.

Congrats Twins on the season.

Originally Posted By: KMR85

Let me ask you this, why would you put someone in the starting line up on the last game of the year when he has not played for months, when you have a guy that has been taring the cover off the ball and sit him on the bench.

That makes no since. Your only putting down the guy that has been hitting home runs for you for the last 2 months.

PB...some will always complain. One hanging dinger to a veteran hitter is what meant the game. Good season and hopefully the young guys learned something.

What most don't know is Morneaus legs where hurting the last couple of weeks and should have had some time off, but we don't have a back up 1st baseman.

Let me ask you this why do you continue to cut Gardy's call on who played??? Cuddy had 50% of the hits last night. Kubel stuck out when he was put in. Who cares??? The Twins had a great season and just fell short of all who said they would do nothing this whole season. Hats off to the whole twins organization. All they had to do was beat the Royals and couldn't do it. The Twins have a lot of young guys and by next season will probably pick up some extra needed help. Nick Punto brought his average up and played awesome in the field. The young pitching staff did an excellant job all year. Time to look forward to next year and not dwell on wheather Gardy played the right guy or not. Ya Twinkies to an awesome season.

Bass it's a percentage thing Left handed pitchers have a huge advantage over left handed hitters and vice versa for Right handers. In this particular case Cuddy a right handed batter was 7-12 against the left handed Danks and Kubel was 1-13 and is a poor hitter against left handers to begin with.

MnWild I doubt Gardy told Mauer to bunt I think he probably did that on is own after whiffing twice against Danks. I actually thought it was a good move he just missed it and if he gets it going toward 3rd base a little more he's on.

Oh well.... grin

I sill think it was the wrong move but like you said oh well.

Good thing that came out of this season is Mauer did win the batting title again and in 2 weeks I will be able to see and hold the silver bat he is awarded.

Bass it's a percentage thing Left handed pitchers have a huge advantage over left handed hitters :

not for everyone

Wow a lot of venting going on. 1st of all congrats to the sox. The won the game and are going to the playoffs. Good luck to ya.

I cant believe the bashing going on with Cuddy vs Kubel. It was a no brainer. Cuddy should have started, now should he have pinch ran for him AFTER HIS HIT, (1 of 2 on the night). Yes I think he should have, however it was a good crash at the plate and AJ almost lost control. Blaming Gardy for putting in Cuddy instead of Kubel is a$$ nine. No issues at all with that move.

It came down to no hitting for the Twins, and a distinct home field advantage for Chicago. Every player had issues at the plate. Danks threw a heck of a game. Give credit where credit is due.

Finally I do have a question. Why does the stats of this game count against the season stats. Every team plays 162 and the stats are based upon 162 games, yet last night stats counted against the season. Thank goodness Mauer had a cushion in the batting race or those extra abats may have came into play, and possibly cost Mauer the batting title.

A great year TWINS and am looking forward to next year.

THANKS TWINS

G.C.

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
Bass it's a percentage thing Left handed pitchers have a huge advantage over left handed hitters :

not for everyone

Correct Mauer and a few others are an exception to the rule in this case though it was plain as day!