• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Help a Tonka' Newbie

Hey. I've never fished Tonka' before and was wondering if you guys could give me any specific locations, tips, or a map of the good spots? Please help make my first trip be one that makes me wanna come back!!! By the way I'm not sure what date I'm going but probably before the opener.

P.S. Also would anyone consider taking me out and showing me the ropes? I'm open to any weekend and probably weekdays if I know with like a weeks advance cause of school. Speaking of that just so ya know I'm 14 but know enough about fishing that when I went down to Florida both times the guides I fished with asked if they could hire me wink.gif!!! Hehehe

------------------
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!!!

[This message has been edited by TYMAN (edited 04-19-2004).]

Fishing on Tonka is good for crappie in just about any shallow, murky area that has some weed cover. Black lake can be good. Just go around and find ANY canal or small bay that is murky and between 1-8 feet deep, and you should find fish. A bobber and plain hook or small jig about 1/2 way down should do the trick. I would be willing to take you out, but would require an adult guardian of some kind due to your age. Sorry, but in today's world I'm a bit leary to go alone with a starngerr 14 Y.O. You also should be careful who you accept a trip with. If you have a parent, teacher, guardian, or someone of adult age who would want to come along I'd be willing to go. It would have to be a weekday though. The lake it just too crazy on weekends for me.

Yeah my parents would feel the same way hehehe! My dad can come, he doesn't like to go to new lakes without someone who knows it so he doesn't take me out much... don't tell him I said that hehe! The weekdays would be ok between 4 and 11pm.

Hi Tyman, my boyfriend Matt is a guide and mostly does lake Waconia and Lake Minnetonka. He would love to take you fishing! He is currently working on a website ************.com Check it out and give him a call! He'll definitly make it a memorable time! He's as crazy about fishing as you sound!! smile.gif Don't give up your passion! Good luck!

didn't realize they don't show websites...sorry. if you want to get a hold of him, his username is basmastermatt. Happy fishing! smile.gif

thanks mattsgal! Could u give me the website by putting a couple spaces in it so then it will show up? For example mine is Tyler_Flom@ msn .com and I put a space between @ and msn, and msn .com thanks!!!

[This message has been edited by TYMAN (edited 04-20-2004).]

tonka, lets try this again.............he is always looking for fishing partners....goes to tonka all the time....his site is still under construction.....but he will have lots of info there

Sorry Mattsgal- It won't show unauthorized websites because there are guides here that pay for advertising.

[This message has been edited by BDR (edited 04-20-2004).]

Uncle Dave- great advise and thinking about gardian.

------------------
I'd rather be skunked than follow the crowd!

Brian Rogers

Hey Mattsgal I was wondering if/when i fish with matt would it be as a client (i.e. hes guiding) or as a partner/buddy? I only ask cause in your post u said he was looking for "partners" and im wondering what that means?

TYMAN,

Matt always loves to have someone to fish with. While guideing (he's full of so much knowledge it's unebelievable), anyone he fishes with he considers a "partner"..a fishing partner. ie someone who also enjoys fishing. He guides because he's using his skill as a job. There are only a few people he fishes with who are not clients...otherwise, he uses his knowledge as a guide to make a living. I don't know if that answers your question or not. Let me know. Good question though!

p.s. you can ask him direct questions too if you want...he's real easy to talk to wink.gif

Happy Fishing!

<MattsGal><<

TYMAN,

Why don't you go ahead and ask Basmastermatt directly...who knows...maybe he is looking for an actual "partner/buddy" rather than a client...maybe he could be your mentor ?? wink.gif Just a thought...don't hesitate to ask him any questions...he's great!

<MattsGal><<

Hey Matt what kinda fishing can i expect from u? I.E. u can catch from 20-30 walleye per day and there are from 18-23 in., bass: 20-35... ect. also can u give me a list of when the different types of fish are spawning? Thanks!