• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shorview Crappies

I went going to try it on Tues the 6th but couldn't put the boat in. The right side of the launch was tore up bad and when I tried the other side it had a big divot that caused the trailer/boat to tilt. I probably could have put in but was worried about getting it back on the trailer straight so I left. If you have a smaller boat you may be OK-- also they may have fixed it by now. Just letting ya know that you may want to consider a backup plan.

Also -- the water is very low. I don't know if your aware there is a bar with rocks straight out from the launch that may be pretty shallow with the low water. Be careful of your lower unit.

Never fished it, but have heard good things about it... mostly bass, though. Is there a good crappie population?

I fished from shore last summer and every fish I caught had black spots on it (some sort of parasite?). Haven't been back since.

Fished there a lot 2 years ago on the ice. Did very well in the deep hole near the north end. Never made it out this winter. Mostly bass fishing in the summer.

Matt