• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

TWINS-SOX SERIES THREAD!

hamrej23

Good Good point 4wanderingeyes. So we have to play in chicago. We also have to play Tampa on the road, so we better learn how to win now.

2 hours and counting.

GO TWINS...

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gary Crichton

• Scott K

• PierBridge

• SledNeck

HERE COMES WINDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess the coin flip paid off!

A great season by a Twins team that was not expected to contend. Two 22-year old outfielders, and one of the youngest starting rotations in baseball. Like I've said before, a team built for the new-stadium season of 2010.

The fact that they were in contention down to the end bodes well for the future. And being in contention...including the playoff game...will also prove a valuable part of the learning curve. Now they know of the danger of a let down after a big series (Kansas City after they swept the Sox) and how important each game can be.

Congrats to the Sox. They earned it. The Twins should watch the Sox celbrate...and remember it.

I am of the opinion that the future is very, very bright for the Twins. They are just not quite there yet.

Yup. Different game at the dome. A.J. was right about that concrete in front of home plate. Anybody notice how the dirt infield was nice and combed up and watered down? One home run too many. If they kept the HRs at 0, they win the game.

But what were they playing for, other than a division banner? Not much as you gotta think they will get bounced. I know Tampa is young, but they have some veterans and loads of talent.

Nice job by the Sox, gotta give them credit. They had to win 3 straight and they did it.

I hate when people treat second, third, fourth, fifth place like its some sort of accomplishment. "Oh, we did better then expected" or "oh, this team is young" or "oh, we still played good" or "They made us proud frown ". This isnt little league. Either you WIN THE WHOLE THING or you arent sheeat. This team CHOKED and they suck. If they cant even win the division the they can save their "pats on the back" for next year.....when I EXPECT them to win the world series.

What a great ball game!!! How can you not love an old fashion pitchers dual? I give my hats off to the Twins for a great year and battling all the way. The probably have the best manager in baseball. One question though, why the h. e. double hockey sticks is Mauer bunting in that situation? He is leading the league in hitting and he tries to bunt, does not make sense to me (unless he is self-fish and doesn't want to take the hood). Any way great game and GO SOX!!!!!!!!

HERE COMES WINDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess the coin flip paid off!

He maybe lit up by now and cant type... grin

gonna be tough to win playoof games in tampa if you only have five hits and one run. I will be watchun the angels and RED sox

Mauer Struck out as was not seeing the ball well I guess, so he tried bunt his way on. No one told him to do it, but sometimes it can help a player who is having issues in any given game.

Sometimes that can jump start a team and fluster the pitcher a bit. He just didn't get it far enough down the line.

GO TAMPA.

G.C.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Nope not me.  May want to go nextdoor and ask around?  
    • smurfy
      Looks to me like Leech brought his chair home!!😅😆
    • Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.