• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

TWINS-SOX SERIES THREAD!

hamrej23

How about Young he is stickin the ball quite well and our bullpen really came through tonight. Go twinkies

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gary Crichton

• Scott K

• PierBridge

• SledNeck

Young definitely coming up big at the right time. I will proudly wear that name on the back of my jersey to tomorrow's game. grin

This is what I prayed would happen... and hopefully it continues tomorrow night!!!

Another great total all around game for the twins pitching held up good are bats are getting it done where only back a half a game and this time tomorow night we shall have the lead go gettum twins.

Man! I was turning blue by the end of tonight's game! Great job by the pitching staff again tonight. Blackburn did exactly what he needed to and the pen really came through tonight.

Great fan support tonight at the dome and I anticipate it being even better tomorrow night. Should be rockin' the dome!

I really like how the bullpen worked tonight other than at the time I questioned why Breslow didn't go another inning but it worked out. It was nice to see someone other than Crain, Guerrier and Reyes in key pressure filled spots and they all did great.

Seems to me I remember a thread about putting Monroe in left?? grinlaugh This must be the Delmon we heard about coming here in the trade last winter.

If Ozzie were to ever be fired, he would make a great bench coach for the Twins. He is almost as big a fan of the Twins than we are. I have never seen an opposing manager give so much credit to the other team, he always is smiling ear to ear whenever he talks up the Twins as well, I truly think he admires the Twins way of playing the game.

Well said, I always seen the same thing, he would love to coach a real baseball team like the Twins.

I was one of the over 42,000 at the game last night. One of the best games we've seen this year. Just enough hitting to get it done, and the bullpen, WOW!

And what about that idiot that threw back Griffey's home run ball. Bet he's gonna regret that someday, like when the man goes into the HOF.

There were a couple pretty depressed and maybe just a bit tipsey Sox fans behind us...maybe Windy?

Just read this Chicago sports guys blog (Steve Rosenbloom)... pretty funny!! I'm thinking of my friends in Chi-town... ya sweatin yet boys? smirk

Sox should forfeit now, while they're ahead

It's Thursday and I have all the answers ...

I love Hawk Harrelson, but blaming the White Sox's latest embarrassment in the Metrodome on Wednesday on a bad call at second base is just silly.

Sure, Mark Buehrle had Carlos Gomez picked off. Orlando Cabrera did a great job of blocking the base. Umpire Andy Fletcher blew it.

But guess what? Buhrle could've gotten a couple outs after that. I'm not bashing my favorite Sox pitcher here. He was just about everything the Sox needed. It just wasn't enough, and the reason is the offense.

Sox hitters are the guys who deserve to be bashed. Bashed. Ripped. Torched. Sent to their rooms without dessert. I'm using the term "hitters" charitably. Ken Griffey Jr. is their best hitter. [PoorWordUsage], he's their only hitter. How bad is that?

The call that Buehrle didn't get came in the third inning. The Sox had a lot of time to mount a rally or two, to show some character, to hit in the clutch.

But no. No nothing. Just various degrees of choking, starting with the heart of the order. Jermaine Dye, Jim Thome and Paul Konerko went 1-for-11 against Nick Blackburn, a guy who had given up 16 earned runs and six homers in his four previous starts this months.

You can't beat Nick Blackburn? You can't beat up Nick Blackburn? You can't get more than two stinking runs off Nick Blackburn?

The answer, then, is pretty simple: Forfeit. Not the season, although that's the way it looks right now. But no. Just tonight's game, I mean. Forfeit, give the Twins a half-game lead, and come home ready to sweep Cleveland this weekend.

I'm serious, folks. Forfeit. I can make a case for it.

Sure, Gavin Floyd has the Sox's only win in Minnesota this year, but the way these Sox look and sound right now, they would be better off not making it worse physically and mentally by playing a team that bunts, hits, runs, pitches and fields seemingly just to spite the fundamentally inept Sox.

The Twins use all their tools in a ballpark that caters to them. The Twins aren't going to stop doing it tonight. The Sox have shown no sign that they can stop them from doing it. The Sox also have shown no sign that they can do what got them into first place.

Forfeit, take today off, come home and hear whatever support might exist at The Cell.

Think of it the way then-Packers coach Mike Holmgren gave the Broncos a touchdown near the end of that Super Bowl so Green Bay could get the ball back with some time to score. Holmgren knew his defense wasn't going to stop Denver, not for an entire series, so why waste time? Let them score, let us get back to what we do best when we still have a chance.

Let the Twins win a forfeit, let the Sox do what they do best, which in this case, is playing anywhere other than in the Metrodome.

So what if Major League Baseball fines them? The Sox have sold a lot of tickets this year. Chairman Reinsdorf has money. Small price to pay if you put your team in position to make the postseason. Isn't that a franchise's responsibility? To give the players the best chance to make the playoffs?

Tell you what, not playing another game in Minnesota -- ever, if you ask me -- gives the Sox the best chance to make the playoffs.

Think quitting is a bad thing? Unmanly? Unsportsmanlike? Look, the Sox have already quit acting like a first-place team. Might as well avoid the rush, get it over with, click their heels together three times and say, "There's no place like Jimbos."

Ozzie Guillen should take a team vote. See who wants to forfeit. Or he can just get a head count based on their recent batting averages. Landslide.

I took my 7 yr old boy to the game last night. It was our first Twins game ever and it was a blast. Just the smile on his face when he walked into the stadium was priceless. Hopefully it will will be the first of many to come. GO TWINS!!!

It sounds like Ozzie wrote that. I think they are in PANIC MODE in sox land. All they can complain about is a call at 2nd base. I don't think the tag was applied early enough, and he got his hand in there.

How did you like that Twins fan reaching over to try to catch that foul ball from Harris. He got a lot of grief from his neighbors. I thought he was going to cry.

Hey Windy "CAN YOU SMEEEELLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE TWINS ARE COOOOOKINNNNNNN."

G.C.

The best part about Harrelsons and any other Chicago fan for that matter (Re: pick off at second base) is that it exposed them for being big homers... I mean anybody who watched that game KNOWS Thome struck out and he got a break TWICE and then got a hit and ended up scoring because of bad umpiring. So the way I see it it was even up... we scored a run because of a questionable call and so did the pale Hose... end of conversation really.

That ump must have been glancing over at some attactive blonde or brunette on some of those pitches. Didn't see the pitch; must be a ball! That happened more than once.

Great game to watch though. Blackburn pitched out of some jambs and the bullpen really came through for us. Unless we get a huge lead, I'm always extremely nervous in those 6-8th innings.

We got tickets for Saturday's KC game, so I'm hoping we're +/- a game by then. Slowey tonight, and then who pitches on Friday, Perkins or Liriano?

I would be complaining if I was a Sox fan (but I am not !), it was a bad call! And because of that call a run ended up scoring, so in my mind, they do have every right to complain! I know, they got a few calls their way at the plate, but that doesnt take away their right to complain wink

How can any sox fan complain about the call at second base when AJ gets away with murder in KEY situations.

Exactly. Can you say karma?

Speaking of AJ why do we boo him? I liked AJ as a Twin. We traded him (he didn't leave as a free agent) we got some great players in return, and we needed room for Mauer.

Ya I don't understand that either. Did you see his reaction when the boo birds started up. He was a smilin. He thrives on it.

G.C.

I think it is because most of the fans know he is somewhat of an ecotistical jerk! Did you hear his postgame comments, "They had like 8 or 9 blooops. They didn't even hit one ball hard. What are you gonna do? If we win tomorrow the first 2 games won't matter." Boo-hoo A.J.

Gotta get off to a fast start tonight. Get to Floyd early and get the SOX to start doubting themselves again. Dome should be rockin'!! If they win tonight, this weekend is gonna be something to watch!

Maybe we should all cheer for AJ and confuse him? I always liked him when he was here, but he does have quite the attitude...

I've always loved him since that booooya comment against the Angles or As a few years back in the playoffs. It's good to have a guy like him on your team.

AJ was not very well liked by any of his team mates, he was pretty much voted to go! My wife and I met him at a game, and he signed her jersey, so I havent seen the bad side of him, but have always heard he was a je**!

That was a great game to attend! I thought DY's first at bat was going to get over Griffey..

Go get them tonight boys!

AJ's strutting around the bases on a homer, stomping his foot on home plate....antics like that I think are a part of what causes fans to boo him. Plus he just gives off that jerk impression.

DY has come through bigtime this series. Sure hope he keeps it up. M&M need to step it up a bit offensively tonight as well. I think if they can take the lead and smack the ball around, the rest of the team will follow. These two are somewhat the heartbeat of the team and we'll need them tonight!

Go Twins!