• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Washington County (Crappies)

Hello High Water

I will be going out to Big Carnelian/Square Lake this afternoon. Can anyone help me catch crappies? I can find them but must not be putting the correct presentation in their faces. Any advice will be tried.

Thanks

I've been on the water a few times this week and have marked plenty of fish but they seem to be very lethargic! You might want to get back to the basics and try a plain hook or flu flu under a bobber with a minnow or waxie. On BC try the NE bay. Most fish suspend over 35-45 feet.

Thanks for the info I will. Have you been on BC this week or other lakes?

Haven't been to BC since the hardwater. I've fished several other lakes in the area and the cold spell at the end of last week really shut them down. The northerns are about the only thing going but that should change by weeks end!

Thanks for the info. I went on Fri. and spent a few hours out there. I located tons of fish on the north bay and off the point directly across from the launch. Again I was skunked but am happy to be floating and fishing. I figured the cold front would shut them down. I will be heading out there Wed evening and try it again. I fished an orange jig 1/32 with 1" white grub. From time to time I would tip that with a minnow. Any better ideas?

HHW

I have had the same problem up on Rush this time of year. What has worked for me in the past is to down size to a glow ice jig tiped with waxies or maggots. Some times in the still cold water I just could not get a strike any other way, nothin on minnows or plastics.

[This message has been edited by Labrat (edited 04-12-2004).]

I was on Rush this past week and your exactly right. Tiny Ratfinkee and a couple waxies were workin.

------------------
I'd rather be skunked than follow the crowd!

Brian Rogers

i used 1/32 flu flu jig with tiny bit of gulp worm to catch bunch of sunfish and crappies. the gulp worm had to be really tiny or i didn't catch a fish. one inch power bait was too big. fishing was pretty slow, once the water gets warmer fishing should pickup.

Goin to BC again today. Got skunked last Fri. but still had a good time (Funny how that works). Any tips would help. I'll try the little jigs again. Should they be more active with the 70 deg. temps?