• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2008 Green Bay Packers

snoozebutton

Pack looking good so far, up 24 to 10. I'm really starting to like Rodgers, pretty gutty play for having an injured shoulder.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snoozebutton

• zamboni

• Badger

• PierBridge

There never was a reason not to like him. Whenever he came in to back up favre he did great.

I do agree, the packers are looking good. They may have finally found their spark. It won't be a problem for them to win the divison. All the vikes wins have come from luck anyway, not skill. They should be 1-5. The last few wins were given to them. They are terrible. If any team is going to compete with GB for the divison it will be chicago.

My FF opponent this week has Rodgers, and I HAD a huge lead on him, but it is withering away because of Rodgers.

packers won't have a problem winning the division? lol. i don't think anyone needs to respond to that one.

packers won't have a problem winning the division? lol. i don't think anyone needs to respond to that one.

Have you watched the vikes at all?! They come nowhere close to the packers! I guess I didn't take into account the bears. They'll be the team to beat! You can have the vikes, I'll take the packers anyday.

I'm not sure which packers you've been watching, but they are anything but a great team. You don't think the packers will have problems with the bears?? Come on now, the packers arent running away with this division....

The division is gonna be up for grabs, by a bunch of so-so teams, unless someone gets it together consistently.

Yep, and whoever wins the division loses easily in the first round. BUT, the Cowboys and Redskins and even the Eagles at times haven't looked at all great, either. Probably the Giants year- again

Looks like Ryan Pickett could be done for the season with a torn tricep. That would be a huge blow, he's the glue that holds that defense together.

There never was a reason not to like him. Whenever he came in to back up favre he did great.

I do agree, the packers are looking good. They may have finally found their spark. It won't be a problem for them to win the divison. All the vikes wins have come from luck anyway, not skill. They should be 1-5. The last few wins were given to them. They are terrible. If any team is going to compete with GB for the divison it will be chicago.

Easy Bassislife...There's a three way tie for first with 10 games left. 10-6 will win the division (probably 9-7). With 10 games left it's hard to say who's going to go 7-3 or 6-4 at this point. The Pack will lose to the Colts and the Bears should beat the Vikings next weekend. 1st round exit for the division winner in the playoffs.

The vikes are terrible. 2 of their wins came by luck anyway, they should be 1-5. With childress they they won't get more than 7-8 wins (unless the refs keep blowing calls). The lions, well, are the lions, and like I said, if anyone will compete for the division title it will be the bears and the pack. Unless childress has a drastic, and I mean drastic turn around and starts giving the ball to AP the packers can breathe a little easier. They just gotta watch out for chicago. They look pretty solid.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions on the colts/packers game badger. The Colts haven't exactly been on fire either. 3-2 is all they are, not much different than the pack. They haven't showed much promise just yet so lets see what happens. As for the vikes/bears game, I'm with ya, the bears should pull out a win.

And I agree, whoever makes it to the playoffs will lose first anyway, but I just think deep down the packers will pull off the divison title. But I guess only time will tell...

I don't want to make ya angry (us packers fans are too few on here) but if you look at what I've said logically, it's pretty accurate I think.

Go Packers!

I guess at this point with the injuries i don't see the pack winning much more than 8 games, so im not sure how you think they will run away with this division. Like i said i'd like to see the packer team you've been watching that looks so dominant. The vikings, bears, and packers are all very average.....

That they are (all average), but I still think the division will be up for the bears/packers. Maybe I'm wrong but from what I've seen so far, thats the most logical guess. That's my story and I'm stickin to it grin!

I don't know, as bad as the other day was the vikes still have won 3 of their last 4. You can say the saints gave the vikings the game but the vikings took alot of plays from the saints. It wasnt as if the vikings didnt give the saints anything (2 punt return TD's). Its unfortunate that it seems as though any time the vikings take the field they will lose the coaching battle, that is the major problem at this point. I still wouldnt bet a whole load of money on the packers when they come to town in a couple weeks.

Here's this weeks injuries, not looking too bad:

Quote:
Injury lists: Center Scott Wells (chest) said he took part fully in practice and will start.

“I’m not injured,” he said. “I did everything today. I did everything Wednesday.”

Safety Atari Bigby, however, will miss a fifth straight game with a hamstring injury that dates to Sept. 14. He practiced Thursday but couldn’t go Friday.

“It looks like he won’t be back until after the bye week,” McCarthy said.

Everyone else on the roster will be available.

In Indianapolis, running back Joseph Addai (hamstring) missed another day of practice and almost certainly won’t play. Veteran Dominic Rhodes would start and Chad Simpson (5 feet 8½ inches, 216 pounds), a rookie free agent from Morgan State, would back him up.

Simpson, who was promoted from the practice squad Wednesday, carried 16 times for 49 yards in exhibition games. He has 4.41-second speed in the 40-yard dash.

Two starters in the secondary, safety Bob Sanders (knee) and cornerback Kelvin Hayden (knee), are out. H-back Gijon Robinson (ankle) probably won’t play, either.

Linebacker Freddie Keiaho (groin), who is questionable, will start.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions on the colts/packers game badger. The Colts haven't exactly been on fire either. 3-2 is all they are, not much different than the pack. They haven't showed much promise just yet so lets see what happens. As for the vikes/bears game, I'm with ya, the bears should pull out a win.

And I agree, whoever makes it to the playoffs will lose first anyway, but I just think deep down the packers will pull off the divison title. But I guess only time will tell...

I don't want to make ya angry (us packers fans are too few on here) but if you look at what I've said logically, it's pretty accurate I think.

Go Packers!

You were right Bassislife! I thought GB would struggle with all of the defensive injuries, but the young guys stepped it up. The Colts were pretty healthy (unlike the Vikings game), but the Pack dominated the whole game.

Glad the packers won. They looked solid. Their pass D was awesome. Hopefully they can keep it up.

GO PACKERS!

better to be on a ship that looks to be rising than one that appears to be in free fall

I couldn't agree more CrappiesNCats...better get that dingy & life jackets ready, the Vikings ship is sinking fast. smile

Even though it's sinking (only one game out of first yet) I still follow them. I don't jump off the ship because of bad games.

Me neither, I'm a fan everyyear. I am still optimistic somebody will body slam Aaron Rodgers and hurt his shoulder. Hopefully it's Jared Allen

Even though it's sinking (only one game out of first yet) I still follow them. I don't jump off the ship because of bad games.

I know you don't Sandmann...you seem to be a loyal fan unlike many of the bandwagon posters for the purple. wink There were a lot of guys posting after the first 2 games about next years draft, firing the coach, QB controversy etc.. Still a long season with a lot of football to be played. The purple could still win the division at 9-7, but that they'll have to win 6 out of the last 9 games.

leechbait, how can you want to wish harm on an athlete? dont you /wouldnt you want the hometown team to win against there opponents best?