• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2008 Green Bay Packers

snoozebutton

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snoozebutton

• zamboni

• Badger

• PierBridge

Gotta love the monthly "GB has x number of Super Bowl wins and Vikes have none" threads. Everyone throws out meaningless statistics and then it's over again for a while and nothing is determined or settled.

bdh.gif

popcorn2.gif

I'm starting to think you are a closet Viking Fan LMIT you seem to be traumatized and well versed in Viking History.... hmmmmmm!

As I've mentioned before, I was a Vikings fan up until about 3rd grade. Even at that young age I had the perspicacity to realize that the franchise would go nowhere and I gave up on them. The world would be a better place if more people would have figured that out as early as I did.

I can see you point about him only playing the Lions but the Vikes?? I thought the Vikes defense was suppose to be the best in the league with the best front line and made them even better with the pass rush by signing the one year wonder they got from KC?? I can see your point if Rodgers was playing against the Vikes offense but he wasnt.I think Rodgers should get a little more credit for beating the Vikes def.

the vikes D is good...imo the only difference in that game was the special teams kick return and tjunks lousy playing...the vikes played like total dung and was still in it...to be honest all i seen rodgers do against the vikes was heave a deep bomb on pie hole gordon and make that 1 decent toss into the end zone....not like rodgers tore up the MN D that has to play with no rest ever because of the offense's 3 and outs all day.

better check allens career stats if you think he's a one year wonder...the pack must of been concered quite a bit since they put a tackle, tight end, a RB on allen and rolled out the other direction a bunch of times...allen has done his job and thats demand double and triple coverage...he's still right there almost every play...the other guys that were supposed to have it easy because we added allen haven't done much yet though.

don't get me wrong i think rodgers has played real good but to judge him off 2 games doesn't make sense....you'll have to wait and see how this whole season goes...wait until he gets alot of pressure and hit alot, injuries, ect...the vikes were dumb cause they know the pack are doubleing and sometimes triple teaming allen and rolling out to the opposite direction but they still don't blitz from that side lol...i think the vikes have 3 offensive plays and 3 defensive plays.

Originally Posted By: mnwild
I can see you point about him only playing the Lions but the Vikes?? I thought the Vikes defense was suppose to be the best in the league with the best front line and made them even better with the pass rush by signing the one year wonder they got from KC?? I can see your point if Rodgers was playing against the Vikes offense but he wasnt.I think Rodgers should get a little more credit for beating the Vikes def.

the vikes D is good...imo the only difference in that game was the special teams kick return and tjunks lousy playing...the vikes played like total dung and was still in it...to be honest all i seen rodgers do against the vikes was heave a deep bomb on pie hole gordon and make that 1 decent toss into the end zone....not like rodgers tore up the MN D that has to play with no rest ever because of the offense's 3 and outs all day.

better check allens career stats if you think he's a one year wonder...the pack must of been concered quite a bit since they put a tackle, tight end, a RB on allen and rolled out the other direction a bunch of times...allen has done his job and thats demand double and triple coverage...he's still right there almost every play...the other guys that were supposed to have it easy because we added allen haven't done much yet though.

don't get me wrong i think rodgers has played real good but to judge him off 2 games doesn't make sense....you'll have to wait and see how this whole season goes...wait until he gets alot of pressure and hit alot, injuries, ect...the vikes were dumb cause they know the pack are doubleing and sometimes triple teaming allen and rolling out to the opposite direction but they still don't blitz from that side lol...i think the vikes have 3 offensive plays and 3 defensive plays.

You didn't see a 68 yard TD bomb to Jennings that was called back because an Olineman being downfield on the play? The Packers Oline played terrible that game and cost them 10 more points (blocked field goal)....look at the game from both sides of the ball smile The Vikings have an awesome defensive line and running game. If they can't convert 3rd downs and stretch the field it will be a long season. Will they end up running AP into the ground and risk injury because the passing game is terrible? I think his hammy is already hurting.

Gotta love the monthly "GB has x number of Super Bowl wins and Vikes have none" threads. Everyone throws out meaningless statistics and then it's over again for a while and nothing is determined or settled.

bdh.gif

popcorn2.gif

Ya I know it's beating a dead horse smile I was just responding to PierBridges 1 SB ring in the last 30 years comment. Championships are championships....doesn't matter what year a team has won them. smile Do you think other fans of professional teams brag about winning championships? I'll stay away from the topic from now on wink

Just got back from Green Bay and not a good game last night. Too much pressure on Rodgers and couldn't seem to be able to stop Barber. Almost no pressure on Romo either. I think it all boils down to Dallas having a better O-line and a better D-line. When you have that, you'll lose 9 out of 10 times.

Originally Posted By: FISHINGURU
Originally Posted By: mnwild

You didn't see a 68 yard TD bomb to Jennings that was called back because an Olineman being downfield on the play? The Packers Oline played terrible that game and cost them 10 more points (blocked field goal)....look at the game from both sides of the ball smile The Vikings have an awesome defensive line and running game. If they can't convert 3rd downs and stretch the field it will be a long season. Will they end up running AP into the ground and risk injury because the passing game is terrible? I think his hammy is already hurting.

if you are referring to the vikes/pack game, that pass went to Donald Driver, not Greg Jennings

lol thats what i was thinkin....i was thinkin to myself no i didn't see that 68 yard td bomb to jennings...yeah the driver play i seen that...i seen a bunch of holding and pass interference plays that should of been called but didnt also...u can say 10 things from either team that would change this or that but it don't really matter now...packers won the game.

as for moving the chains on 3rd down we started doin that now that tjunk is keeping the bench warm...it was only 1 game but we moved them....we barely even had to use peterson it was pretty refreshing to see we don't have to run him to the ground for a win....the hammy was just hyped though.

as for rodgers i was wondering how he'd play after he had to clean dirt out from his ear hole....he still looked decent but i think he likes it better when he has all day instead of being under pressure all game lol...he didn't look as smooth after a few hits.

Green Bay has only played one good team this year, and it was the Cowboys. I wouldn't get too excited yet.

And yes, that includes the Vikings....

Green Bay has only played one good team this year, and it was the Cowboys. I wouldn't get too excited yet.

And yes, that includes the Vikings....

First of all, congrats to the Vikes for the first win. As far as beating the Vikings and Detroit, they won they games they should have (that doesn't always happen). Dallas is arguably the best team in the NFL. When you play them, you have to score TD's in the red zone and not turn the ball over. It also helps to have your best players on the field. Having Bigby and Harris out really hurt, but guys need to step it up. Scott Wells (starting center) needs to get healthy and the Oline will be better with him. Teams all over the league are dealing with injuries...it's part of the game.

I still feel pretty confident the Packers will win the division. I think we'll beat Tampa, and the Vikings will lose to the Titans. The Bears have the Eagles at home and should lose as well. Detroit.....is Detroit!

After week 4...

Green Bay 3-1

Bears 1-3

Vikings 1-3

I think it will be the Pack or maybe the Vikes that win the division due to an easy division...but whoever makes the playoffs will be out first round.

The Monday Night game with the Vikes and Packers was horrible to watch. Not because the Vikings lost, but because it was a battle on who could play the worst. The Vikings won that battle.

It's too bad the packers couldn't have had more drives like the one where they scored the TD. That drive was 2 quarters too late.

I dont think by any means the titan game outcome is a foregone conclusion. I don't believe the titans will move the ball at all on the vikings the way they have played the last 2 games and since Steve Slaton had 18 carries for 118 yards against the titans defense this week i don't think its a stretch to think the vikings can move the ball. I think there is a very fair chance the vikes and pack are both 2-2 after this week. Tampa is a pretty solid team and i have no doubt they will be able to show Rodgers things he has never seen. As much as i like the vikings odds i like the bucs odds even better of knocking down the packers.

chicago plays detroitlet next weekend. if rodgers can't go the bears could potentially be in sole posession of first place, who woulda thunkit. the bears looked dreadful during preseason.

Boy,Badger- They looked like [PoorWordUsage] sunday, and I can almost bet it won't be the last time they look that way all season. Cancel Aaron Rodgers plane tickets to Honolulu for the Pro Bowl- he looked good against that Vikes and the Lions, and thats about all. That Favre guy looked like a 22 year old yesterday, though. He has to play one season in NY, and he will be here- like he wanted.

your Packs looked a lot better than my vikes >_< I can't even capatilize the v anymore.

If only Farve was wearing purple....

Boy,Badger- They looked like [PoorWordUsage] sunday, and I can almost bet it won't be the last time they look that way all season. Cancel Aaron Rodgers plane tickets to Honolulu for the Pro Bowl- he looked good against that Vikes and the Lions, and thats about all. That Favre guy looked like a 22 year old yesterday, though. He has to play one season in NY, and he will be here- like he wanted.

They sure did! I'm thinking the Vikings will look crappy ALL SEASON! grin Rodgers 2nd INT was his fault....the first one hit Jackson right in the numbers and the last one was because he got blindsided throwing the ball. I never said anything about him making the pro bowl. He's thrown 6 td's to 3 int's and has a rating of 91.4. Tjack & Gus have 2 td's and 3int's combined. The Titans scored 21 points off of turnovers and Tampa scored 28 points off turnovers....not very good to say the least for both teams. Favre.....why would you guys want him...he's washed up! wink

Originally Posted By: zamboni

They sure did! I'm thinking the Vikings will look crappy ALL SEASON! grin Rodgers 2nd INT was his fault....the first one hit Jackson right in the numbers and the last one was because he got blindsided throwing the ball. I never said anything about him making the pro bowl. He's thrown 6 td's to 3 int's and has a rating of 91.4. Tjack & Gus have 2 td's and 3int's combined. The Titans scored 21 points off of turnovers and Tampa scored 28 points off turnovers....not very good to say the least for both teams. Favre.....why would you guys want him...he's washed up! wink

For the same reasons Green Bay wanted him back this year! Rodgers is starting to show his true colors, very injury prone! looks like the vikes and Greedbay will be sitting at home for the playoffs.

Looks like our defense took a big hit. With Al Harris already out, Cullen Jenkins is probably done for the year and AJ Hawk's injury isn't looking good either.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/NFC/NFC+North/Green+Bay/Spins/2008/spin093008.htm

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=800549

Amazing what a few key injuries can do to a team. I think the Pack while quite young still have some decent depth and can make a run of it in our weak division. I do wonder if Rogers shoulder is really just sprained?

It's time for McCarthy to go let's face it it's not the players it's the coaching!

13-3 last year and now this?

You don't think losing Favre has anything to do with it? The coaches were there last season, he is the missing link

Not if Rodgers puts up 313 and 3 TD's.

The missing link is the defense.....they are literally missing!!

No sympathy from me. I bleed Purple!!! Even if they suck. Childress needs to go after this season

Not if Rodgers puts up 313 and 3 TD's.

The missing link is the defense.....they are literally missing!!

That was against the Falcons. The Vikes and the Lions. The 20th, 29th and 32nd ranked defenses in the NFL. I am not buying into Rodgers being the answer to Favre.