• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

medicine lake

anyone got any reports? also does anyone konw wht the water temp is?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicineMan

• local boy

• huskiesplayer15

• Joe Harty

When I went out on Thursday the temp in the main lake was between 40-42. Near shore the temp ranged from 44-46. I'm sure the lake cooled off some with the cooler weather.

[This message has been edited by MedicineMan (edited 04-12-2004).]

well i just went down to the lake and i couldnt find any crappies from shore maybe had one hit or it could have been from all the junk in the water, but one thing that was cool, i was standing on the bridge to west medicene lake park and i look down and there was 4 16-20 in walleyes sitting there and chasing each othere aound

Local Boy,
shoot me an email, would you be interested in meeting up there on sunday? I would provide the lunch if you like venison.
Best Fishes
Chris

huskiesplayer
whts your e-mail, i dunno if i can go or not czu i have a family get together at my relatives house but maybe.

huskies,
i tried sending u an e-mail and it says your address is to long, any ideas?

Try this one, huskiesplayer15 at hotmail.com, no space though when you type it in, I get a bunch of those virus and crap so this is my "virus protection"
Best Fishes
Chris
IBOT WANNABE

Hello all,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I grew up few blocks from Medicine way back when, and have been fishing from shore down there way long before French park was even there. Back when there were still houses where the beach is now. Im glad to find a site like this. Good info for everyone. Except the fact of everyone with a computer can find my original secret fishing hole. * the backwaters * you are calling it.
But still all is good.

Fish on....

Chad

i just got back form the lake and i couldnt find the crappies yet but i did see some more walleyes, this time i saw probably 2 dozen or so, all sizes and 2 that were easily 25 plus smile.gif

Huskies, I have the entire day open sunday. So we can meet up anytime. You pick a time and I'll be there. smile.gif

Welcome the site MNJigman! Hey Huskies, I'm planning on heading to West Med Park on sunday. I'd like to go out Saturday but I'm most likely going down to Cabela's with some people. If you do come down on sunday maybe we can meet up?

Just wondering if anyone knows, if the dock at French park for the launch is out yet?

Thanks

Thanks bud,

Now can you help me with this weather?
I know, I know we need the rain, but on the one day I plan on going out. That I tell you just ain't right. Don't know why, but MotherNature hasn't seem to like me so far this year.

Good fishing everyone

Med man, it looks like it is supposed to be calling for rain on saturday, which is the day i was going to get my lawns done, so unless the weather changes, it will be a last minute decision, so if you cant go on a definite, i would say i dont think I will be able to go. Possibly I could get down there in the afternoon.
Best Fishes
Chris

[This message has been edited by huskiesplayer15 (edited 04-15-2004).]

Went to Medicine today after work.
The French Park area at the canoe docks are putting out some crappies and sunnies. Most of the fish are small, but you can pick through them and make a meal.
But today I took the boat out and fish most of the northern parts of the lake. Man, was that wind strong. Didn't really get into some fish until I fished the back channels leading to French Park. Between the two of us we caught about 40 sunnies and most where pretty good size, some even in the 9" range. Kept some for the fry pan. Only managed 3 crappies and only 1 was nice about 10". Oh, also caught 2 more dogfish "which makes 4 for the yr already" not sure if that's a good sign, but good fights and had something break me off.

All the fish today were in about 2.3'-5' of water and most came on a white flu flu or white tub jig, tip with either a wax worm or BioBait from Catch-N-Tackle green crawler.

Hope this helps and good luck

Huskies, I live less than a mile from Medicine. I can come and go as I please, he11 most of the time I go fishing its a last minutes decision! My dad isn't too happy with me when I do that and I take the boat! grin.gif But anyways, just shoot me an email so I know.

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by MedicineMan (edited 04-16-2004).]

[This message has been edited by MedicineMan (edited 04-16-2004).]

How is the landing? I had some problems last year in the fall. I would think that the water is lower now then it was then.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

The launch it ok it self. But for the first 50yds straight out from the launch is about 2.5'Max. I have a 16.5'with a modified V hull and still kept it trimmed.

If anyone's out on Saturday and see a 1850 Sportfish doing circles, give me a wave. I'm going to try to make it out to break in the new boat depending on the weather and my schedule.

Step & 1/2, the water level is a bit higher now than it was last fall. Remember, you have to add in the fact that we had some rain and quite a bit of snow this year. I would say that the lake is around a 1/2 foot higher than it was last fall. I personally never run the outboard out of the launch. I use my trolling motor to get out into deeper water. Then I use the outboard. I bottomed out a couple years ago with the outboard. After that I use the trolling motor.

Anyone fish Medicine lately and done any good? Mr. Special and I fished Sunday morning and yesterday and didn't get anything. We saw more Snapping Turtles than fish.

[This message has been edited by MedicineMan (edited 04-20-2004).]

they are catchin a few sunnies off the dock at west med park but other than that i dont know, anyone else?

I was walking around West Medicine Park right before the storm hit Sunday, and I did see some crappies being caught.

Sorry, have not seen or heard a thing. The docks and boats are goin in though and info will soon be plentiful. Been seein lots of turtles with one very large dead one that was stuck on the Bassett creek outlet. Much needed rain has helped raise the lake level so launching at French should be easier. The eagles are feasting on coots....quite a sight if you have never seen that ! FMers...if you see us workin in the water puttin out stuff, stop by and say Hi !

Lakeman