• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mtreno

spring lake scott county

mtreno

ok i have a real general question for all the folks who fish spring during open water. whats the shoreline like on the east side of the lake. not around the point but if you were to come from the access out about 200 yrds and turn right. weeds - sand - rocks - depth - ect. any info helps. thanks

TG

If I remember right, last summer the water was quite shallow in the area your discribing. Coming out from the landing it was very muddy.

kslipsinker

Go to the DNR website and check out the lake, or pick up a lake map of Spring. It has some very interesting structure.

mtreno

ya i have fished the lake alot and have some great spots to try out there. i know it is about 1 foot by the access and about 1-3 ft all around there. was just wondering if that whole shoreline is like that all the way to the point or is there a better drop off at some point - i am looking for 4-6 ft say about 50 yrds from shore. anyone been around where i am talking about? anyone live on the lake?

PLfisherman

mtreno, I fish the lake a lot and it is really shallow until you get about half way to the point, but that doesn't mean you cant catch fish. have caught plenty of bass and sunfish in 1-2 feet of water along that shore in spring. Down towards the point it is about 4 feet at the end of the docks. good luck.

Thomas

go to the other end of the lake for shore fishing - it's deeper.

mtreno

ok my general question is not getting the anwser i am looking for. ok, going to let the cat out of the bag here but if you know me, dont say anything to the lady - i am looking at buying a home on spring lake. the house i am interested in is more than half way from the access to the point - maybe closer to 3/4. i have never boated closer to shore there and was looking for someone who had. the realtor told me at the end of my dock it will be about 3 ft. thought i would check in with fm here and see if anyone could verify that.

PLfisherman

That sounds about right depending how long the dock is. if the water is low it is 3 ft. I wish i could live on the lake good luck.

mnrstrider

Fire me an email xcel o r 8 at msn dot com. I think I can answer your question better.

mtreno

you have mail