• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
huskiesplayer15

Favorite Spring Crappie Jig

huskiesplayer15

I know the ice fishing isnt over until the fat lady sings, but i think i can hear her woarming up in the corner, so I had to ask the usual spring question:
Was wondering what everyone's favorite go to bait was or is going to be this spring? Was also wondering, is the website the only pplace to get kick-n craws? If so what is the website address? i always have one rod set up with either a chartreuse cubbie jig, or 1/16 pink lead head jig with a 1 1/2 inch white twister tail. I also keep a rod set with a gapens, long thin bobber, with a green fatboy with a tail hooked crappie minnow.
Best Fishes
Chris

Cubbie Mini-Mite is #1
A Quiver Jig or other small maribou hair jig #2
Small Tube #3
Small Twister Tail #4
Small Twister tail beetle spin #5

big_fish_guy

flu-flu. pink, green, whatever, mix up the color. But put a crappie minnow on there and that's what I like using.

Harmonica Bear

1/32 oz. Flu-Flu, I start with white, but experiment with colors to see what they like best.

Roosterslayer05

I would also have to go with a flu-flu. Best color is the white head, pink tail.

Fishing Queen

I also love the flu flu my favorite colors are chartrues or purple depends on water clarity.
last year I wish I knew the name of them. There was a jig that came in a single tube. They had a body that looked like a slinky with a rounded tail. I wish I could explain it better for you guys. I used those more than I did flu flus last year they worked great. I think I got them at Gander.

always have two rods set up because when you are on them a tangle will cost you time.

Rip lips

Trailblazer

Hmmm...I believe of 2:

1) flu flu
2) curly tail roadrunner

firfyter

Flu-Flu pink head white feathers either 1\16
or 1\32.

moby1

one more vote for flu-flu

fishKiLLa

Im going to go with a mini tube jig. Smoke or clear sparkle. Then a flu flu.

------------------
Two pound test is the test of skills!!!

Wabedo2500

Pink head/white body anything - curly tail, flu-flu and the slinky body-rounded tail thing...sometimes I mix it up with a half white and half clear with sparkles paddle tail.

fishhawk1750

1/32 pink jig head, hook a pink and white tube on its side, crappie minnow through tail, pitch and hold on!

Chad Anderson

i go with either a flu flu or a small little joe crappie jig both tipped with a crappie minnow, thats all ill ever use!

------------------
eat, fish, try to sleep

JiggingSpoon

I would go with the beetle spin, it is the most fun

I believe the slinky body, round tail jig that comes in the single tube is the Cubby jig, they do work excellent, for those of you who were describing it,

JS

Harmonica Bear

Yeah, I'd give the beatle-spin a close second, the only problem is all those pesky spring bass that just won't leave the darn thing alone. I hate that! grin.gif

Fishing Queen

thanks JS
My old age must be catching up with me. I could not remember what it was called.

Rip Lips

LuckBites

1 inch Berkley power bait tube jig, BLACK, orange or yellow jig head. They have changed the colors to all those multi & florescents. Anytime I come across the black ones I buy them out. Anyone seen the black ones yet this spring? I know I can always count on Cabelas having them but looking for a place in the metro. Any help would be appreciated!

2nd favorite is a flu flu.

LuckBites

1 inch Berkley power bait tube jig, BLACK, orange or yellow jig head. They have changed the colors to all those multi & florescents. Anytime I come across the black ones I buy them out. Anyone seen the black ones yet this spring? I know I can always count on Cabelas having them but looking for a place in the metro. Any help would be appreciated!

2nd favorite is a flu flu.

hanronson

Flu-Flu for numbers and a 1/16oz Fuz-e-grub with a small fathead for slabs.

------------------
(aftacrops nolonga)

Fishing_Fool

One more for the Flu-Flu, any color or combination thereof. Second would be a beetle spin but later in the year.

Matt Johnson

I like the line of Southern Pro plastics for my spring crappie fishing. A wide variety of styles and colors to choose from to accompany any situation.

Another hot choice that is going to be a hot item this spring for crappies is the Baby Kick-n-Craw in the 1.5 inch size. These babies have some great action and should trigger a lot of spring time crappies, as well as crappies throughout the open water season.

And then there is the good ol' trusty Beetle Spin, always a good choice for crappies. I've also been throwing a lot of small spinner baits similiar to the Beetle Spin for crappies and gills. Bass and pike like them too wink.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

CrappieMagnet

I'm not telling....Only a few peeps know.

Good luck this year all!

CM

BDR

Small Ratso or Ratfinkee and tipped when I can find it I like the fresh water shrimp.

------------------
I'd rather be skunked than follow the crowd!

Brian Rogers

[This message has been edited by BDR (edited 04-02-2004).]

fishnutbob

My favorite Flu Flu Pink and white Bait or no bait, then small jig with the tiny tubes,the tubes come in the kits with a rainbow of colors.

Maximum12

OK, as some of you know, I only started fishing for crappies late this winter, so here's a really stupid question:

Do you tip flu-flus with anything, or are they just used alone?