• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2008 Waterfowl Photos!

icefishing21

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dan z

• SledNeck

• Quackaddict9

• icefishing21

Nice blue!

Sledneck, do you see the C at the bottom of that picture you posted?

I try to arrange them in a "j" formation, but Im not very picky when hunting ponds

Ended up getting my limit this morning. First one of the year, finally. Ended up with 3 gadwalls, 1 mallard, 1 redhead and a hooded merganser. One of the heads came off and had to white out the blood. There still didn't seem to be many ducks around, about the same as it has been. I was just set up in the right place this time. I'll try and post this pic first time trying it.

http://s489.photobucket.com/albums/rr259/fritz179/?action=tageditmany

Not to be a Debbie Downer, you did great fritz so congratulations, especially on a day that hit 70 in November, but Mergansers have a separate bag limit (5).

Nice mixed bag of birds.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, you did great fritz so congratulations, especially on a day that hit 70 in November, but Mergansers have a separate bag limit (5).

Nice mixed bag of birds.

I actually just realized that also, thanks. No biggie, I wasn't going to sit out there any longer or else I would have missed the vikes.

here are some of last weeks hunt.

Thursday morning

IMG_0537.jpg

Four man limit- honks and mallards and a band

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

Friday morning

IMG_0558.jpg

Saturday morning- Thief Lake, two birds I shot- Gadwall and Bluebill

IMG_0564.jpg

Sunday morning- Two man limit, Honks and Mallards. Missed a couple other kinds of ducks.

IMG_0573.jpg

Quack- it looks like you got some greenhead gear canada floaters out there, my buddy has some and he has problems with water geting in them(they arnt shot), which makes them much heavier to haul. Have you had this same problem??

no problems at all, I've had GHG goose floaters for 3 years and no leaks or anything. Maybe your friend has some kind of leakage in the keel on the back part, maybe patch it up or find where the water is coming out of and then thats probably where its leaking.

Quack, do you get permission to hunt fields or do you own those? I know someone going to school in Bemidji and I'd like to go out there next year and try my hand, just dont have any idea where to start.

Here's some pics from a mallard shoot I had last thursday not too far from Quackaddict's neck of the woods. The 8 of us filled out on mallards within 45 minutes. Not to mention a bonus blackduck and a piece of jewelery on one of the mallys.

n1276350004_30160533_7890.jpg

The Crew with the morning's bounty.

n1276350004_30160517_9176.jpg

Pile O' Mallards.

n1276350004_30160539_563.jpg

Two pleasant suprises.

n1276350004_30160542_7032.jpg

Bling

n1276350004_30160298_2169.jpg

That blackduck is a Beauty!!! Good job laying the smackdown on these mallards. Not too sure if that was close to where I was hunting.

Sled- We usually hunt our own land and get permission. Same fields for the last 4-5 years.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Quack hunts NW of Bemidji, like 1.5-2 hours NW...

maybe.... grin

The birds were shot somewhat near bemidji. Forgive me for not posting exactly where, but I don't like to give exact locations.

I went out this morning again with and ducks were plentiful in the area, mostly mallards and a few pintails in the flocks. Shot our two man limit of geese, Mallards and a couple Pintails with a bonus Bluebill that was kinda rare seeing out there. Deer Huntin' this weekend, hopefully get out again later in the week.

Drakes

IMG_0584.jpg

a little blurry, I know.

IMG_0591.jpg

pg 20 of waterfowl regs 6 ducks daily may not include more than any combo of the following 4 mallards only 1 hen, 2 woodies,2 redheads, 1 black duck, 1 pintail. if not listed 6 may be taken. possesion limit is twice the daily bag limit

Finally a nice bluebill this year should of had two but I only had to shells in the gun and did not want to loose this one so i water pounded for a forsure kill

PB050040-1.jpg

well here are some from this year so far..

hopeing to get some next weekend by catching the northern flights...

041.jpg

046.jpg

050.jpg

049.jpg

And some pics from the boat...

032.jpg

036.jpg

035.jpg

Dan z,

Any mallards in the mankato area yet? We usually do good down their around deer opener. Doesn't seem like you got much for mallards. Not down their yet or what?