• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2008 Waterfowl Photos!

icefishing21

Its fun to hunt other areas. I go down to Arkansas and hunt with my friend. Its a good time, plus I learn a lot. Those dudes down there have mallard blood in their veins.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dan z

• SledNeck

• Quackaddict9

• icefishing21

Nice ducks guys! We tore em up pretty good this season although i know of a few others that put us to shame and broke the 1000 bird mark! Insane!! well not us... but we sure had fun playing catchup anyway! lol...but to start we got some early season honkers!

Early goose started off good though!

MN...6 man limit by 8:15am 3 bands...pretty sweet all the birds pitched in hard...all but one flock was on the deck feet down in our face! Sweet!

2834306245_aab1b9164a.jpg

2835143064_cd16d2e036.jpg

MN...cousin and i with our 2 man limit and one my dad shot in a different field...2 bands...birds were tougher to decoy but persistance paid off!

3079876213_e36ae76a6f.jpg

MN...Cousin and i with our 2 man limit 1 week later...1 band...the field was loaded and the weather conditions were perfect...wish we could have had more guys cause we could have easily killed a 7 man limit...birds bombing into the decoys as we picked up! Sweet

3079879193_b59d19df7d.jpg

SD Morning silage hunt 13 honks for 5 guys...good field but hiding 5 blinds and a camera man flared em pretty hard! not a bad shoot though!

3079877859_a071d724ee.jpg

SD Evening 2 man limit in disked wheat

3079891617_307d8a43ce.jpg

SD Evening 2 man limit in silage...decoyed a flock of 150 birds feet down and 10 yards in the killhole! it was dirty!!!

3079891555_64626ee0d7.jpg

Regular Season

SD opener 5 man limit 20 mallards 5 woodies...field was kind of a last minute deal...i scouted it and got permish the night before because our other field that was stacked had significantly fewer ducks than the previous nights...turned out pretty good...limited out very fast!

3080995378_6bfe38da25.jpg

Day 2...5 man limit 24 mallards 1 widgeon...hunted a tiny little pothole that was stacked with mallards for several weeks...it was dirty and we limited out relatively quick!

3080157671_a13a55dbc3.jpg

morning puddler shoot...4 man limit...kind of a good backup spot that has treated us well in the past...birds were shot up pretty hard in the area so we werent picky and shot teal gadwalls and other brown ducks...really fun though...I almost stepped on a skunk on my way to the slough...NOT COOL! lol

3080159103_b351f98584.jpg

MN opener...4 man limit of puddlers...greenheads on opener...Wierd!

3080160003_b02fd59eb2.jpg

SD silage...3 man limit of mallards and 3 honks...scouted my way back through SD on my way back from the minnesota opener and a buddy called and said he had a stacked field...guess he wasnt kidding! turned out pretty good!

3080999480_c3b2534014.jpg

SD flooded beans...4 man limit mixed bag...very muddy but very fun! birds were all over us all morning...we held off on the first few flocks cause they were all widgeons but eventually decided that was a majority of what would come in but still managed a few greenheads

3081001120_ffdf698845.jpg

MN ducks and honks

3080173453_36e233dbf2.jpg

MN 6 man limit of honks and 9 ducks...honkers wanted it bad! 3 bands

3081013262_23c8ae28a5.jpg

MN 7 man limit of honks...2 bands...this was one of those hunts that you wish the limits werent so conservative...so many geese and they never even thought about it. very close shots right in the kill hole!

3080253939_0d49173c48.jpg

MN 5 man limit of honks and cacklers...kind of a tougher day for decoying but we made er work! pretty fun time!

3081025192_161d965b53.jpg

And of course one of my favorite times every season...Late season!!!

3 Bull cans...all that would come in was cans all day long and if we would have had more guys we could have shot more...Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!!

3080255399_d21ccc35e3.jpg

3 man limit of greenheads...probably one of my funner hunts in a while! Ducks were really close and picking out the drakes was so easy...it was fun!

3081096220_9d0e692392.jpg

4 man limit of greenheads...the second morning that almost everything was frozen we decided to break a hole in the ice and the ducks pitched in...i kinda sucked though because every bird we dropped was on the ice and it was too deep to wade out to...so after we had 17or 18 greenheads out on the ice i had one of my buddies drop off mandi and she retrieved her first duck and got every other bird after that! it was pretty sweet!

3081336542_a5347ec78f.jpg

2 man limit of greenheads...all the greenies were great big northerns! Beautiful!

3081130056_648259e9ca.jpg

11 greenheads in the snow...every flock consisted of over 1000 mallards...kind of sucked cause there was only about 2-3 thousand mallards using the field the night before

3081343944_52e9a79ffc.jpg

honkers...all singles and pairs...shots were all right on the deck! pretty fun!

3081111688_c55db78806.jpg

still a few birds around yet...may be chasin em around this week yet...guess we'll see how good the ice fishing is! haha

ok I know this is a picture post, but give us some details Andy? Nothing specific, just how many in a spread, types of areas hunted, same spots each time or different?

I also need to move to SD

ok i will edit the posts...it just took me so long to upload all the pics and my computer was kinda being difficult at the time so i figured put em up and forget about the captions...ahh [PoorWordUsage]...no big deal! lol

• 2 weeks later...

a little recap of the honker hunting...(im banned from taking the camera duck hunting over water...splash...oops!)

north dakota early season trip

s56012898_34731705_730.jpg

a north dakota killer decoy spread

s56012898_34731702_9758.jpg

a solo minnesota early season day

DSCI0458.jpg

DSCI0459.jpg

got wood?

DSCI0103.jpg

mid october 13 pounder

DSCI0179.jpg

new birds found the sheet water

DSCI0173.jpg

late october migration: hutchy, juvy snow, and banded lesser

s782658053_1590234_8216.jpg

we definetely did some shooting this day...

n765590556_4652673_2678.jpg

and the results of the shooting?

22 honkers, 5 snows, and a band!

026.jpg

and lastly, some great photos taken by my buddy mick last saturday on an excellent hunt. we had birds everywhere!!!

DSC06733.jpg

DSC06739-1.jpg

DSC06722.jpg

DSC06726-1.jpg

DSC06727.jpg

DSC06729.jpg

DSC06730.jpg

DSC06731.jpg

DSC06715.jpg

DSC06759.jpg

Carp shooter these are some great pictures. Awesome picture ppl Bet cha all cant wait for next year all ready

oh im not done yet...we can shoot honks out on the river in sodak till february!

• 4 weeks later...

Arkansas (bandwidth warning!! lol)

a5.jpg

Turn here!

a4.jpg

Thats the spot

a1.jpg

Get out early and find a sweet log to sleep on.

a13.jpg

Find a good tree to hang your stuff on

a8.jpg

Make sure you have your callin' A-Game

a20.jpg

Use only the best Human retrievers

a21-1.jpg

Be cautious if you have to drop a few floaters

a26.jpg

Find a nice spot to dry off

a16.jpg

Never let them see you smile

a27.jpg

Enjoy the ride back!!!!

a32.jpg

adhere to duck carrier weight limits

a11.jpg

when wackin' be sure to be stackin', also

a10.jpg

dont forget to shop here

s4-1.jpg

Watch out for the rats there.....them bad boyz is huge!

b14.jpg

friends that live there. They have a duck camp about 2 miles from the boat landing. Fully liveable trailer with a big screen tv. The also lease a rice field, so we have that to hunt in the afternoon.

• 1 month later...