• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
dan z

well how is the hunting ?

eyepatrol

Nice!

I'm pretty sure my first outing will be Sunday. Suppose to be a decent day, so I've got my fingers crossed.

adamolson7

was out for the second time this past thursday and one loner came in straight away and circled us twice so i popped it!

that was the only goose we saw flying too... is anyone else just not seeing geese?

mnhunter79

Opener was pretty good for us, seen at least a hundred geese a day. Went twice this past week and all day sat., seen maybe 25 geese. Sat. all day i seen 15. Minus the loaner that came in smile. But all in all, it seems like the geese just vanished, very few in the area.

dan z

seen plenty of geese every time out have not been skunked yet went out fri got 2 sat 2 and 1 today I have not hunted the same spot yet and I have been out 6-7 times. less calling each time out has been the ticket a good decoy spread dont hurt either, shells full bodies and floaters work like stuff seen on movies just wish a bigger flock would commit to it biggest flock in the decoys has been five with three getting wet. cant complain bout #'s or shootin

Ben how are the floaters holdin up?

eyepatrol

Got 4 geese for my first outing today. Two of which came by as loaners and a flock of 20 where 3 peeled off and I popped 2 more...the 3rd was out of range for a 3rd shot.

Most of the geese around where I live/hunt avoid the lake and use the city's storm water pond. However today I saw a few high flocks headed straight south....not locals that use the city pond.

dan z

gonna tell ya I seen some high fliers also and boy were they a talkin! picked up at 1:00 today and seen the biggest flock of the season did manage to pull one down for a splash. one of them days coulda picked up a two and seen the same flock

Sartell Angler

good day for new birds to move into the area...saw them cruising down with strong NW wind until we decided to call it quits around noon today. Solid second weekend for us (to match the first), especially considering we have been strictly running traffic.

mnhunter79

Hey Dan. The floaters are holdin up good and doin thier job well. Just added 4 more to the collection. Did see quite a few high fliers this evening, none wanted to play though.

Rost

We've had a few good hunts. The best hunt was when we took the kids!

Here's a few shots of the day...

Snack Time

9-11-08goose002.jpg

Play time

9-11-08goose001.jpg

Here's our kill. Not the best day for killing honkers, but certainly a great memory!

9-11-08goose003.jpg

A few other good hunts...

9-6-08goose003.jpg

9-13-08goose005.jpg

dan z

havent had a blow out hunt like last fall but we are still shootin something every time.

Gordie

this morning found a new place and never have been there and we took home 7 honkers man I love it when plan comes together. I didnt have my camera with so sorry no pics but my buddys wife snapped a couple after so when she emails them I'll share with you guys.