• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Official Twins Road trip Game Thread.

PierBridge

"Cuddy is not durable enough to play a full season anymore. The injuries are adding up."

Sled, I take it with your thoughts on injuries that, if you are a Vikings "fan", you wuld have released Robert Smith long before he could do anything for the Vikings. He was drafted by the Vikings in 1993 and had several injury plagued seasons before he piled up 1266 yards in 1997 and led the NFC in 2000 with over 1500 yards.

If you had been a Red Sox "fan", you'd have cut some young pitcher loose because he had injury problems early on? A guy who had potential to have a good career? To my recollections, Roger Clemens turned out to be pretty good.

Patience, my friend. You have to look at long term outlooks, especially in baseball where the sport is a marathon, not a sprint.

Oh, and maybe you're so cranky aobut the Twins is because you are up at 1:00am posting when you should be getting some sleep.

gringrin

You make those points but there are a 1000 more people who you could say were a mistake to sign because their careers were derailed by injury.

Im up late cause I worked afternoon shift and then I had to go out and pick a few dozen crawlers so that I can load up on walleyes again at Rainy Lake this weekend.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gary Crichton

• PierBridge

• Scott K

• SledNeck

Sled, Did you eat all the fish you caught last weekend? If you have 4 in the box at home your not supposed to be out fishing. GO TWINS

How do you know how many licensed anglers I have at home? And how does anyone know where I caught them there was a 4 fish limit?

Span for MVP.

I officially make Gomez tradebait for the offseason. It's pretty obvious that he's not coachable.

Why is it obvious that he is not coachable? Teaching patience at the plate is not as easy as it looks. It is usually referred to as one of the hardest things for young players to grasp and one of teh hardest things to coach.

You don't trade a 22 year old kid with his kind of talent after he has played about one full season in the majors. He is excellent in the field, and I will admitt poor at the plate. I think he will be good, but we need to give him some time.

What or who are you wanting to trade him for? I sure am not gonna give the kid up for a setup man or some old DH. I also don't think you would see teams lining up to give up significant talent for him. He is here to stay.

Young, Span, Gomez. Get used to them. They will all be Twins for quite some time.

PS Great series so far by the Twins.

Pitching has been excellent. Maybe the Angels aren't all they are cracked up to be. The division they play in is the worst in baseball.

I agree with you about Denard Span. He has been great. In the leadoff spot he kinda reminds me of another rookie that lead off and had a great year right out of the shoot.

Course that guy was none other than the battery catcher Chucky Knob. We all know what happened his rookie year too. smile

On the lighter side... Anybody catch Everett's jersey early in Friday night's game?

minnestoa_jersey.jpg

He changed it before his AB in the 5th and promptly contributed a single, an RBI, and two runs scored.

GO TWNIS!!

Twins win again remember what i said in the beginning of this post looking good so far 2-0 12 to go

Sled, Did you eat all the fish you caught last weekend? If you have 4 in the box at home your not supposed to be out fishing. GO TWINS

No sure if that's any of your concern.

But yeah, go Twins!

Well are pitching let us down tonight but hey 2-1 11 more to go on this road trip lets get back on track go twins.

More than a pitching letdown.

#1. Two costly errors by Bucsher allowed a big inning by the Angels.

#2. How does Gomez miss Vlad's ball? He makes the catch and we might be a game and a half in front.

#3. Why pinch hit Mike Lame for Gomez in the 9th with the game on the line when Gomez, who has speed on the pads, reached base 3 times and was 2 for 2 in the game? I thought Gardy was all about giving players an opportunity to redeem themselves after screwing up. Stupid stupid move!

Its great what the Twins have done this year so far and like their chances to get to the playoffs, but they are going to have to really pay attention to those little things in order to win critical games. That's the difference between a good team and a great team. Their chances to advance in a playoff situation drastically decreases when they make poor decisions and miss plays they ought to make.

Yeah yeah I know, they are a young team and they are going to make mistakes....

Personally, giving someone a chance to redeem themselves shouldn't come at a cost to the team's chance to win, but that said, Mike Lamb isn't a huge improvement, he is more patient at the plate though and has been in that situation more often.

well, I think most of us would have went into this series saying we'd be glad to get a split so guess we shouldn't complain too much. Our starters pitched decent enough that the bp wasn't worked too much. Wish we could have gotten one more inning out of Slowey today so that we didn't have to have a Crain sighting but oh well; hopefully that means he won't be used in the bp for a couple games now.

Not saying I could have, but Gomez needs to catch that ball Vlad hit. But catching something going 200 miles an hour isn't easy I guess.

So how did the umpires justify overruling Kubels homerun in the 8th today? Mike Scioscia comes running out and complains and then they overrule it. What did they see that they didn't see during the play? Jumbo-tron? Are they really allowed to do that? Oops, sorry Mike. I guess it wasn't a home run.

The 1st base ump called HR, then talked to the home plate ump, he saw it different.

Well lets see, the ump farthest away from the play gets to make the call and the ump half way down the line in the outfield gets overuled. Yes it was foul and they did get it right. So right there is a good reason for instant replay, or a play like AJ pulled off.

G.C.

Gary,

Instant replay would have come into play with your HR controversy but not with any of AJ's antics, either this past weekend or in the 05 playoffs. Replay will be for HR calls only, no dropped 3rd strike, catchers interference, runner interference, etc. Got to love AJ, he always seems to attract the controversy.

Windy

that was [PoorWordUsage], that cost TB the game. AJ's deserves an oscar though.

I realize the instant replay is for Dingers only, but in other cases, the replay system could prevent things like yesterday, from basicly changing the games outcome. I guess either go all the way and have challenges available to the coaches just like football, or have no replay at all.

AJ derserves a flying drop kick off the top rope, followed by a pile driver, and then into a F. U.

Gary,

Ding Ding, I better ring the bell before you beat AJ to a pulp! Is this the MLB or the WWF or maybe the UFC, but most likely it is the SAG for the performance turned in by AJ!!! LOL

Windy

I agree with instant replay for homers only, the game is slow enough as is. We don't need replaying of all the questionable calls slowing it down anymore than it is.

I also think that the Twins will do well on this road trip, we go play seattle than oakland, we can do well against them teams. Chicago plays the orioles and than the bosox, I think by the end of this we'll be in front at least 4 games.

The only problems with replaying just the dingers is there is other calls that can be corrected by using the replay systems, that do have great impacts on games. There would be a lot less in baseball versus football.

Football is worse than baseball. This is other ways to correct the lentgh of a game. Make the commercials shorter, inbetween innings. Everyone complains about the length of the games. Figure it out from this angle. You spend lets say with parking and food and ticket. 2 people Twins game. 50.00 a couple just a figure. That breaks down to about 8.50 per hour of entertainment based on 3 hours. Compare that to other entertainment.

Just thinking out loud.

G.C.

So Gary,

How is that 9-5 road trip prediction working out for you? I see how the Twinks are lulling the competition into a false sense of security. All they have to do is manage a win tomorrow against the powerful Mariners and then manage to win 5 out of 6 against the A's and the Blue Jays....

It could happen!

Windy

2-4 so far and 2 back!

Still hoping for 7-7 and 3 games back but that doesn't look so good right now.....but maybe!

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. WE need to do some Joboo (major league) antics to wake up them bats. The pitching is good but the offense is bad. Joboo.jpg

The odds are aagainst me, that is for sure. These boys just have trouble on the road. Did they replace there bats with wiffle bats.The bats have gone silent, but the nice thing is there is still a lot of games left, and a loss here and there is not crucial. It hurts as you would expect a better effort and results playing the 2nd worst team.

Try Try again to pick it up. Get this win today and go forward from there. Start a little win streak of our own.

Don't give up folks. Just look who were chasing and smile, cause you know their catchable.

G.C.