• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Official Twins Road trip Game Thread.

PierBridge

It's a bit disheartening to see how many games the Twins have blown in the past month. Some of those we were leading by 5 runs or more going into the 6th inning!

The Twins have some young players, but I just don't know if a default answer of being "a young team" is applicable? We also have some veterans that I'd like to think can pick up these younger guys and help them along.

Still though, it's exciting to watch them play and I'd much rather seem them a game out fighting for the playoffs (or divisional championship) than be 20 games out and playing for next year.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gary Crichton

• PierBridge

• Scott K

• SledNeck

Quote:
It's a bit disheartening to see how many games the Twins have blown in the past month. Some of those we were leading by 5 runs or more going into the 6th inning!

My thoughts excatly. If Twins had played better defense and not blowing large margin leads, they would be probably 5-7 games ahead in the divison!!!! Time is running out, time to start winning.

As bad as you think the Twins are, the White Sox are only 1 game better! And there are only a few teams that have a better record then the Twins.

Agreed!

I was listening to the East Coast lovers ESPN go on about the Beast from the East, just saying how great the AL East was compared to the rest of the AL and they were saying that there were only 3 teams in the AL over .500 outside the AL East, I'm guessing us, the Twinks and the Angels.

Windy

Quote:
As bad as you think the Twins are, the White Sox are only 1 game better! And there are only a few teams that have a better record then the Twins.

Thats true, but what does that got to do with winning the division or the wild card? WE need to win games to make the playoffs not just to have a better record than 1/2 of the league teams and not make the playoffs. Boston is going to win the Wildcard.

obviously guys in the bullpen like crain and bonser are not the answer, that plays a big part in why we have been blowing leads late in games.

Wow, I expected a few bad posts, but come on guys. This young team is 1 game out of first place in September, we just played the longest road trip ever and we are in the same position we were at when we started the road trip! 1 game back. Wishing players to fall and break arms, and bashing one of the best closers, and managers in the game, thats bad!

Nathan has blown 3 saves in 4 games. Give us a reason not to bash the best closer in baseball?

I don't get it. Breslow comes in, strikes out 1 guy, then Crain comes up and gives up a run. Reyes gets his guy out and immediately gets pulled for Korecky who throws two more runs up on the board. I guess Gardenhire doesn't want to waste his decent pitchers when his team isn't in the mood to win.

Well the road trip has ended, and its about time, it wasnt a very pretty one. Hopefully the boys are just homesick, and can turn things around against the Tigers.

all teams have slumps I will watch the twins till thier done the rest of the season including post season... and then fall asleep watchin the vikes GO TWINS

They are only 1.5 games out of first with a bunch of new guys and a young pitching staff, yeah they have some veterans, but go back and look how everyone was posting that it could be a long year and they should be pretty good when that new stadium is done.

Well they are pretty good right now. These young guys have stepped up and are now a team that wasnt supposed to be where they are at. Sox are in 1st but should be when they are paying their players almost 60 million than the Twins and the kitties are 10 games behind and paying there players 76.5 million more than the Twins.

Both of those teams have a ton more experience and (supposed) to have a ton more talent than the Twins.

Cheer on the Twins for they are playing their hearts out and making it an interesting season. When they lose be dissapointed, but dont go calling out the best manager in baseball and throwing them under the bus when they screw up once and a while.

GO TWINS!!

They are only 1.5 games out of first with a bunch of new guys and a young pitching staff, yeah they have some veterans, but go back and look how everyone was posting that it could be a long year and they should be pretty good when that new stadium is done.

Well they are pretty good right now. These young guys have stepped up and are now a team that wasnt supposed to be where they are at. Sox are in 1st but should be when they are paying their players almost 60 million than the Twins and the kitties are 10 games behind and paying there players 76.5 million more than the Twins.

Both of those teams have a ton more experience and (supposed) to have a ton more talent than the Twins.

Cheer on the Twins for they are playing their hearts out and making it an interesting season. When they lose be dissapointed, but dont go calling out the best manager in baseball and throwing them under the bus when they screw up once and a while.

GO TWINS!!

Well said fish, this team was supposed to go nowhere, but here it is Sept. and they are in the heat of it. Enjoy the ride!

Yes, it is still dissapointing when they loose, and VERY dissapointing when they loose like they have been lately. Even if they don't win another game this year I'm gonna remember how exciting it's been up to this point. They're still a young team with much future potential.

I think that what they've done with who they have, Gardy should be Manager Of The Year. I'm still gonna be there rooting for them till the last game is over.

The thing I dont understand is why they dont let Reyes and Breslow pitch to righties.

Reyes and Breslow can pitch to righties better than Crane or Baonser can pitch to anyone.

This team has lost its way and needs a major shake. Having guys like Punto on the field every day is a clear indication that Gardy has no confidence in himself as a decision-maker or the spare players.

The fortunate thing is that the Whites aren't much better.

Punto is on the feild every day becasue of his defense and is hitting 292 for the last 3 months

Gardy is a good manager at times, but lately I have been in doubt. He has been trying to over-manage the last few games. I agree with sled, Reyes should be able to pitch to righties (kind of a waste to bring him in for one batter, especially if it's for an intentional walk). Can't be worse than Crain and Bonser (i don't call him boof because that is just a lame name). Didn't Crain give up a homer to the first batter he faced last night? Something needs to change with the team and I don't think the manager is the one to fix it. It is a player mess and if they don't clean it up, they won't make the playoffs. Either way they went beyond my expectations this year. However, they have been in the race all year long and really had some chances to take a big lead in the division and just folded every time. Hopefully they will snap out it and pick up a few sweeps down the final stretch. I just can't get over being swept by the blue jays. frown

I think the young players are feeling a little pressure. They think that every pitch the pitchers throw has to be perfect. The batters think every at bat is do or die. They all need to relax a little bit and get back to having fun. That will relax them, and everything else will fall into place. That also includes the coaching staff.

G.C.