• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Iked

Kabetogama Resorts

Iked

My wife and I are able to do a last minute vacation next week. We want to go to Kab for boating and fishing. We have never been there except on snowmobiles. Since it is late in the season it looks like most places have a cabin available.

We are looking at three resorts, Driftwood, Park Point and Voyageurs Park Lodge. We are not the kind of people that need super-nice accommodations, we do like a resort that is clean, well kept and with friendly operators. Does anybody have an opinion on these places or ideas of another?

Thanks in advance!

Metzie

We stayed at Northern Lights this spring and it couldn't have been better. Nice resort and VERY FRIENDLY people.

leftfield

Park Point nice people ,fine cabins

Dock Boy

Voyageur Park Lodge nice place and operators. The cabins are the most private on the lake. 10 cabins on a 16 acre peninsula ,but availability can be limited. 800-331-5694. Enjoy your trip to Kab. Beutiful scenery!!

bobreetz

First of all, you're going to enjoy your stay on Kabetogama, wherever you stay, because hopefully, you'll be on the lake, not in a cabin. But there lies a potential problem. I've stayed on the West end of Kab every year since the mid '80's. And it seemed like every year there were at least a couple days out of the week, and sometimes more, where high winds made it almost impossible to get from the South side to the North unless you had a 19 foot fiberglass boat or a huge set of balls. West to East or East to West winds always made the trip a wet one. Once you get into the islands or bays it would be fine but............I loved going to Kab every year, it's a great lake, but last year I thought I'd try out Crane. There's not as many resort choices and only a couple "family" style resorts. Finding the fish was and still is a challenge, but I found that I wasn't really at the mercy of the wind as much as it was on Kab. Crane and Sand Point seemed to have more bays to hide in when the wind was howlin'. Or maybe it's simply because they are smaller lakes. I may just be blowing smoke since I've never really spent any time fishing the East side of Kab, but I know the West end can be a challenge with high winds. And I don't like sitting in a cabin when I'm on vacation.

Iked

Thanks very much for the replies, VERY helpful! I will add Northern Lights to my list. I know that this is not the best time of year for fishing but due to some family health issues it is the time that finally came available. We will fish hard and see what happens...

BobS

We have been going to Harmony Beach since 1980 and have found the resort to be very nicely run by the several different owners over the 28 years. Curret owners are very accomdating. Cabins are kept up and they have a safe boat harbor.

foulpole18

Just got back from Voyageur Park Lodge. Very nice place with extremely friendly staff. View from our cabin was second to none with the full moon over the lake. Sure wish I stayed the week.

dfruechte

Just got back from Voyageur Park Lodge. Very nice place with extremely friendly staff. View from our cabin was second to none with the full moon over the lake. Sure wish I stayed the week.

We were also up there this last week and had to leave early for medical reasons, but in the time that we were there, these people bend over backwards to help you. They even launched our boat for us using their 6-wheeler. I would also recommend this place.

Swimstein

Bobreetz, the problems you raised about fishing on the big waters are shared by others. We have had a number of guests (both daytrippers and longer term guests)over the last few years that came to Elephant to get away from the high seas on the larger lakes. Kab/Nam has some of the most beutiful scenery in MN, but our boating is certainly more relaxed.

Outfitter17

If you havn't done you trip yet, add Sandy point to your list. We used to go there in the winter and it seems like a nice place.

BaitBiteNBerrr

The Rocky Ledge is a great bar to go to while you are visiting!!!! Cheers!!! BBB