• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Muskies

eyesoneyes

I guess you guys are all better than Jonesi. All I’ve read on this thread is about how you guys don’t mind giving out exact or “semi exact locations”. Well my conclusion is that either most of you don’t go fishing or you never really catch much, otherwise this forum would be filled with posts of different spots for me to try? Or is it that you guys aren’t as open with your info as you like to brag about?

Let’s do a little experiment “MudPig”. You said you’re excited about fall walleye trolling, right? Then in a month or so when you get a pattern going I’d like to see a sincere report on where the fish have been biting. Then I’d like you to head out to that spot the following weekend and let us know if there’s an increase in traffic at all? Did you catch as many this time? As we all know more traffic less fish. I don’t think we’ll have to worry about that because, I’d be willing to bet we never get a report like that from you.

I don’t see why you guys would harass Jonesi for recommending something that almost all of already do, and that’s withhold information. Quite hypocritical don’t you think?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PieEyed

• SJonesi

• Shack

• pitchn

Sorry, i was just giving a hard time to whoever cared. I heard is was a slow day of skie fishing, but congrats to the guys that did boat them, takes more time and knowledge than i will ever get to spend on the big pond to know. Whos ready for fall full moon cranking????

Yeah I know you were, I was just poking fun at the rest of this thread......

People are already pulling plugs at night for walleyes, you want a location? Go to vineland bay from 12 to 17 fow, no exact location just follow those depths til you mark fish, you can catch walleyes there all summer long in the bay, and it only gets better as fall comes and full moons are great. Its not really a secret its common sense, fish go shallow towards fall, but you know what? There are always some fish shallow, but seems like you dont want to go out and find them, you want someone to tell you where to go.

I don’t see why you guys would harass Jonesi for recommending something that almost all of already do, and that’s withhold information. Quite hypocritical don’t you think?

It was Wahkon bay, it wasnt a GPS location.........

Looks like Mudpig gave you what you asked for........ time to go fish

I've heard that if you fish 400 yards just south of Fishermans Warf in the weeds seven days a week from appx. early June till late Oct. you may catch a Muskie...Hot bait is the Triple Bullgirl..anyone??..anyone??..Buler??..

Believe me I don't need any spots I'm out there about 60 days a year. I was just trying to make a point, that we should respect the power of the internet. That's all.

It's like talking to a bunch of Democrats, man.grin I don't think we'll ever agree on this one. How about we just agree to disagree and get ready for a great fall?

I'd just as soon see you guys keep this going. It's kind of entertaining. The real point of the deal is that people were not saying they think everyone, including themselves, should give out info. What they were saying, myself included, is don't bash a guy for giving out some info, especially when it's such a large, generic spot. He wan't giving away Jonesi's spot, or anybody else's spot - he doesn't know where they fish. He was simply saying where he had some action. His prerogative.

By those weeds at the warf theres a rock pile in about 8 foot of water. It looks crazy when i jetski over it all the time....

I'd just as soon see you guys keep this going. It's kind of entertaining. The real point of the deal is that people were not saying they think everyone, including themselves, should give out info. What they were saying, myself included, is don't bash a guy for giving out some info, especially when it's such a large, generic spot. He wan't giving away Jonesi's spot, or anybody else's spot - he doesn't know where they fish. He was simply saying where he had some action. His prerogative.

Perfectly said............. Thank you

By the way.... Im hurt to be called a "Democrat"

With all the pressure Mille Lacs has recieved by muskie fishermen in the last few years ( it seems like 1 in 3 boats fishing in the bays is fishing for muskies)it has made catching muskies much more difficult no matter where you fish on the lake, so in opinion, when someone gives a general area like Wahkon Bay, who gives a rat's [PoorWordUsage], it doesn't guarantee your going to catch a muskie there, a guy could spend an entire summer fishing the Wahkon Bay and not catch a muskie...My advice for someone who wants to catch a muskie in Mille Lacs is to troll for walleyes instead...but use a little bigger baits...epecially in the fall...you will still catch an occasional walleye...with a good chance of hooking into a muskie...from my experience fishing in and around Isle Bay for the last 10 years, i have boated 12 muskies, 10 of which were accidents trolling for walleyes, two were caught actually targeting them afer many, many, many cast...because i decided to buy a muskie rod (spent a few hundred bucks) a few years back and actually try to target muskies...i'm really debating if it was worth it...Oh, by the way I have spent many hours this summer casting in and around Isle Bay and have not even had a follow...so i would stay away from there for those of guys who need help on where to fish Mille Lacs for muskies....Ironically, some stroke who has never muskie fished in his life could launch his boat today in Isle Bay make one cast and catch a 50 inch muskie...but that's fishing