• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2nd Annual Brian Lickness Memorial Walleye Tournament

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harvey lee

• riverrat56

• Eric Wettschreck

• muc33

Isn't that the only way to think? If one does not believe, then it will more than likely not happen.

Thanks again Eric. Maybe Chad and I can buy you supper after the awards ceremony. grin

Heck, we may even PBR you if our finish is high enough.

I'm fishing tomorrow evening and then I will be to your house Eric. Tell Justine to not worry about supper as I may eat where we ate last week.

Let the trash talking begin.

Or, since the meeting is at the Grain Exchange, you can go ahead and buy me an 18 oz Ribeye with hash browns and veggies, and a couple of PBR's. I'll pay you back with the winnings me and my new (old) partner will be winning.

So, what's the wager????

Justine says she's making sandwiches and she'll make you some also. No sandwiches for Chad, tho. Apparently she has some kind of anti-Chad sandwich thing going on.

Thats more than generous. As far as supper goes, I do not know how late I will fish. What time does the meeting get over as I could drive somewhere and we could eat.

If Chad and I are in 1st place and you have a bigger bag of fish, throw yours back and then yes, I will buy you that rib eye and all the PBR you can drink.

We will figure out a wager on Saturday morning before we launch.

Meeting starts at 7, it really doesn't take that long. A few drinks and it's over.

I'll meet up with ya at my place.

Or, when (not if) I have a bigger bag of fish, you and Chad will have to settle for second place, which, as a wise man once said, is just the first loser. grin

Hahaha. grin

I'm talking your fish, you can't count your livewell full of minnows. wink

I just hope one of us do well.

Sounds like last weekend. I'm beginning to wonder if there are more than just a few eyes in the lake. Might only need to catch a couple to win.

I have an entry fee paid for but partner is in the hospital and has the boat. Looking to see if anyone is looking for a partner. We are down at lake Shetek campground right now. I will be prefishing on Friday with another boat. Feel free to give me a call at 320-293-5190 thanks Gary

Hey Harvey you still got the same cell number? I MIGHT be over at Shetek for a while on Saturday and if I am I will give you a call. Its only a 50/50 chance but we'll see.

Yes I do Jeff. Call anytime but if you don't get answered, that only means I will need to call back as I will be reeling in a winning walleye.

I know, wishful thinking.

11 pages of smack and now it's silent. That's not a good sign...

If it helps, the fishing was good this afternoon and evening close to Le Sueur.

Skunked and probably another 50+ boats. One of the poorest bites I have ever seen. I did not stay for the weigh in as I needed to get home for the race track but I'm sure someone will post the results of the few that did catch a few nicce pigs.

The weather was great. The SW MN Fishing club did an awesome job at getting boats checked and in the water. The usual razzing prior to blast off was a ton of fun. The people were awesome. The fishing was a lot of fun.

For me, the catching sucked, but that's how it goes. There were a few boats that got the skunk. However, rumor has it that there were some nice eyes caught, too. Sarah will do this to you. When it's on it's on like Donkey Kong. When it's off, it's OFF.

I did not stick around for the weigh in either. Muc was there and I'm sure he'll post up the winners soon.

We can always start talking smack for next year Eric. We cannot be that unlucky two years in a row.

You are correct with how well the tourney was run and set up. never saw one problem or issue. Pretty laid back event and fun for all.

Was at weighin for little while saw the giggest eye i have ever seen 12 pounder.Had lots of fun tourny was ran great can't wait till next year.

Well another year has passed and another great tournament indeed, Tom, Chad and boilerguy it was great to finally put some faces to the names.

I think a huge amount of gratitude is owed to the Lickness Family, Southwest MN Fishing Club and FM's Muc33 for a very well organized and run event. Through great coordination they were able to check in and unload 60 boats and park 60 rigs in an about an hours time frame. That's organized, Chad also thanks for the return of the chip, completely forgot about that, gotta love the honest people on here.

Know as far as fishing went, the bite was much slower than what I had figured it would have been. With the consistent weather that we had for a week I thought we would have seen many more eyes at weigh in, but that's fishing for ya, the nice thing about this tourney is it really is anyone's game out there, all it takes is one and your in the money.There were only 6 eyes brought in with one of them being an absolute true hog, 30"+ and weighed in at 12lbs, know that's a Sarah eye. I'm sure someone has a pic of that thing so hopefully they'll post it. I think second weight was a 26" at 7.9 lbs, third was a 22" at 4.4lbs (Thanks Bill for That one) fourth went 3. something and fifth and sixth were around 2 lbs each. Trolling cranks seemed to be the ticket this year, water temps were hovering around the 67 degree mark and water clarity was minimal, pretty green out there. Looking forward to next year's event. Thanks to Idratherbefishing for putting us in the money again,

The 2nd Annual Brian "Otter" Lickness Memorial fishing tournament from the SW Mn Fishing Club was again a huge success. 60 boats filled out the tournament on Lake Sarah in Murray County. Winners of this years tournament were Tom Kor and Keith Fisher both of Worthington. They won with a trophy SW Mn Walleye over 30 inches weighing a whopping 12lbs. even! This tournament is named after Brian "Otter" Lickness who was a great outdoorsman and member of the SW Mn Fishing club. Brian passed away unexpectedly just over a year ago at the age of 30. Many family member of Otters were present at the tournament and were proud to present the winning traveling trophy with Otter's Picture to Tom and Keith. In the attached photo are Phil and Judy Lickness, Jon Lickness and Tom Kor and Keith Fisher. Also attached is a photo of Tom and Keith with thier winning 12lb Walleye.

DSCN0385.jpg

DSCN0379.jpg

Top 6 place winners were

1. Tom Kor and Keith Fisher

2. Team Darling and Demary

3. Team Weber and Hunt

4. Team Appel and Appel

5. Team Langland and Langland

6. Team Frisch and Lowe

Great tournament even though the fishing was tough. Beautiful day on the water. Thanks go out to Larry and his wife, Travis, Dan, Chad and all the guys with the SWMN Fishing Club for a great tourney and a great way to remember a fellow fisherman. I'll be there next year! Tom and Keith's walleye was the biggest walleye I have ever physically laid eyes on. WOW!

Congrats Bill. How much did your eye weigh in at?

Nice meeting all you FMers at the event and meeting at the grain exchange.

Thanks for the update muc. Tom and Keith are Bedford Industries workers whom I work with every day. Last year's winner Terry Langland also works there. I see he and his brother Scott placed fifth this year. You can tell we probably talk too much about hunting and fishing and not enough about work. Should be some pretty good tales in the morning. Congrats to everyone.

This tournament sounds like it was a huge success. I am glad to see that there is such a large turn out of boats and participants. I was told that there was over 100 boats that wanted to fish the tournament, but the DNR would only allow 60. Is this true? Can the DNR limit the number of boats on a lake?

(My father also works at Benford's....I have been trying to convince him to fish this tournament. Maybe all of these Bedford winners will sway him to join next year)