• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I have been watching all the posts, but can't figure out which day I should go out this week. I have the whole week off and want to get my son on the lake. Has anyone got a report of how the waves are like the past few days? N.O.A.A. says it will blow about the same everyday out of the East, Northeast. Just trying to save a few bucks on fuel (so I don't have to turn around mad). Thanks! BC

I just looked at the weather and Friday or Saturday look like the best days. IF THE FORECAST IS RIGHT, Saturday would be my pic.

Thats what I am hearing also. Unfortunatley, my son will be with the scouts in the B.W.C.A. at that time, so he would miss out.

Maybe Thursday if the wind lays down. BC

Please be nice on sat:) one of the few times I have it all setup to head out to the big lake.

For you I hope she's nice. I live twenty some miles away from her and can't even begin to tell you how many times over the years we have been shut out. She's tempermental, just ask the local forecaster's whistle BC

My son sure is Randy. He hunted the youth hunt last fall and shot his first two ducks ever. We will not be going to Canada this year, but will hit it hard here in Minnesota. Might plan a trip back to Winnie, it's been a few years. How about yourself? I suppose ya got plans for the river again. We were just downtown and the big pond had one footers with quite a bit of chop. I plan on running there early in the a.m. to see if she will let me try and take a few of her bounty wink BC

Its not that big of a fish Steve wink I'm just a little guy has Jar Jar is always reminding me. I kind of got it held away from my body a little bit more then I would of liked but I was so dam excited lol smile A fat 31 1/2 inch walleye is still a nice fish to me smile

Dang right it is man. CONGRATS! Thats a fish of a lifetime for many many people dude. Make sure you put that one on the wall it looks massive even in the pic.

I may head out today and try to catch it again or one even bigger. My wife would $#@! herself if she caught one like that. Heck I might. grin

Oh and GOOD JOB on releasing her for someone else to catch some day.

By the way did ya see my 33"er swimming with her by any chance? Some day some day.

Got out this morning and launched at Mcquade at 6:30am. Two fish on, two fish off right away. Fished a total of eight hours and got only one more bounce on the rod, to no avail. Beautiful day until the N.E. wind started to show. Back at the launch three other party's had similar luck, two hit's and one fish, one small laker and lost a large one that broke line. Overall the fishing appeared not well. We tried meat on flies behind flashers, spoons with dodgers, clean spoons, heck we even threw a 57 chevy bomber at them. Not good. Not much for marks down below either. I hope you guys do better than we did for this coming weekend. I will probably bow out for a while after this one. Gas is having a lot to say over my decision also. Godd luck. BC

Marine General had a batch of custom 57 chev Brads made up and I got a few along with the reverse 57's. I think they still have some left but lots of the custom colors are gone already. Call them and see.

Marine General had a batch of custom 57 chev Brads made up and I got a few along with the reverse 57's. I think they still have some left but lots of the custom colors are gone already. Call them and see.

Last I heard they were out of the 57 chevy's for this season, but are taking names/pre-orders? for a batch to be made for next year. Word had it that they brought in 400 in 2008? and all were spoken for over at least 2 months ago.

Makes sense. Therefore I have 10-57 chev Brads going for $25 a pop. Just jokin guys. wink

get on the list now because they do move fast. I do find that the reverse 57 works just as good at most times though.