• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What will Favre be traded for?

LMITOUT

A bit of buttin heads for sure. I'd like to butt a couple heads in Green Bay right now.

Well put Cooter. I think your sentiments are the same as many GB fans. Sounds like Jerry Krause when he thought he could win without Michael Jordan. The Packers still have plenty to be excited about, but it will be hard not to ask "what if?" if they lose a bunch of games or come up short in the playoffs with Rodgers at the helm.

I don't get how you don't welcome him back if you are the pack. I would think if they don't do well this year Ted & Mike could well loose their jobs over this.

i'm glad we didn't get him for the conditional 4th round....cause with the vikes we would of had to end up giving them a 2nd or possibly a 1st.

then at the end of the season wonder if he's coming back and whats goin on...we'd be in the same boat as the packers and out a 2nd or 1st round pick.

i would of been all for getting him for a 4th or 5th like i was sayin...its pretty dumb to trade for a guy that your gonna have to give up a 1st or 2nd for and he's only gonna play one season possibly 2.

everyone would of thought this trade would of been so awesome and the best thing the vikes ever did....but i'd rather have jared allen then favre any day of the week.....it could only be jared....woooooooooooooooooooooooo.....can't wait to see rodgers face having to deal with our D line ahahahahahaha

Another aspect of Favre coming back and then being traded is the additional pressure thats gonna be on Rodgers. The guy had big enough shoes to try to fill and now the criticism he'll get if he doesn't play spectacular will be crazy - especially if Favre plays well in NY. Tough spot for him made tougher.

Cooter, Favre put the Packers in a tough spot! I wouldnt want to be the front office with all of what Brett did. I agree that if they were that concerned about Favre they should have kept him! Or traded to the highest bidder of any team! Now that would have been the teams best interest in my opinion, keep him, or trade to the highest bidder. Although I applaud the Packers for not giving into Favre, they gave him many chances not to retire, he chose to, he has done this several years now. I am glad they stood upto him, although like I said, it wasnt in the teams best interest! But being a Vikings fan, I am not worried about the Packers best interests wink

I stillz am a little miffed over this situation, even being a Vikes fan.

You have a q-back who has proved him self time and time again, retires, and wants to come back. This is part of the American Dream O.K… Green Bay goes on to others things (they are a good organization no matter what side of the border you are on and Rodgers is a big boy and GB I assume does not shell out millions on a whim). Ok now we are in the present day situation with Favray. The guy wants to come to MN and by the way it sounded, MN would possibly have done what was needed to get him over here. Yet, the guy has to go to the Jets??? and live out his carrier.

I do not know about you, but what a kick in the shorts to a seasoned Q-back.

T-jack has at least 2-3 years before he becomes a major assist to the Vikes. Short of a fluke season, I at least see another repeat of last season. I still look at him like a Coldpepper.

I am a die hard fan of the Vikes and as much as I say every year I am going to ice fish more and not watch the Vikes, I watch every game. But I am no dummy. It’s like a broken record every year.

I thought this year things would shake up and even if it was not a great year, T-jack would have gotten a little piece of Favray.

I will have to start my Sunday icefishing this year grin

I always do my Sunday fishing. I just DVR the game. Most of the time I go out at 6 AM and I'm home by noon anyway.

I wish GB would have kept him.

He was not very good in the dome and the Vikes were about .500 against him.

Hammer Handle...He was starting to get pretty comfortable in the dome. The last 5 years his record was 4 - 1 throwing 12TD's and 2INT's....probably would have done very well if the purple could have signed him (and they definitely would have if that was an option).

I just can't believe the Packers will go into the season with 3 quarterbacks that have a total of 4 or 5 NFL games on their resume'. Aaron Rodgers looked ok last night but if he gets hurt like 90% of NFL quarterbacks do at least one game during the season, the Packers will be depending on 2 rookies as backups. As a Vikes fan I am happy to see this but it is hard to believe what the Packers are thinking on this front. Rodgers is not Favre on the injury front as far as I can tell. Go get him Jared Allen!!

Favre's bad in the Dome that's just CRAZY!

Thank goodness he's gone.... I think Rodgers will do just fine and it's probably the right move for the Packers future to have moved on!

Go Vike's!