• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Southwest MN Fishing Club Walleye Tournament

Gave it a try on the lake this morning from 9am-11am. Nothing.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eric Wettschreck

• muc33

• riverrat56

• idratherbefishing

If anyone had ever seen PDOGG and I in a boat, they would know that the level of seriousness is very low....

yeah i was out there from 8-11 this morning and almost every morning with not much luck. its been pretty tough, but looking at entering the tournment. When and where is this meeting that is on friday that your talking about?

On a new lake, I'd start exactly where it doesn't look like you should. Got get 'em boys!

VFW. I believe 7pm, but call one of the numbers to make sure. There is still room TO, I can give you the directions...... hint hint.

muc33,

That is the best edit reason I have seen yet! Yes you gave me your cell #. Are you able to email me the rules? Getting up at 2:30 to go fishing is really starting to suck, I'm not 29 anymore, but it's cheaper that way and the wife doesn't howl as much cuz she's sleeping. Is there tent sites in that Sunset Park?

There are camp sites available at Olson Park Campground which is just across the road from Sunset Park.

Mike, how far away is the Worthington your driving too?

2:30 was so last weekend man, you can sleep till probably 3 this weekend, maybe ever a little later...

Oh yeah what was I thinking I can probably sleep till 3:15am. Man that be almost like sleeping till noon!

I'd love to join you guys but I'm leaving for a short vacation with my family tomorrow evening until Wednesday.

How about winner get's to keep this fish house I'm supposed to pick up?

Muc is talking about my fishhouse? I've been waiting to get it together and put all of my accessories on it.

CCFC, I'm gonna put in some overtime today and head straight from work to the VFW for the meeting. I won't have a chance to pick up minnows before tomorrow morning. Can you grab some???

I have a couple of items in a brown paper sack for you that I'll deliver tonight, also.

That scares me, ever heard of a flaming brown bag of [PoorWordUsage]????? I hope it is nicer than that. I will be there!

Perch, yours is not home yet. you are too darn busy being a gear head anyway, yours is home after my trip up there in a couple weeks. This is another used one I bought. There is nothing wrong with owning 4.

I guy can't have too many fish houses. I have 3 myself.

Mrs. Boilerguy said since yous 2 are just across the street she'll drop it off.

out there again this morning with no luck from 8:30 to roughly noon. Seen two other boats out there, but didn't see no fish brought in by either one. Is there a minium size limit? is it one limit or two for the boat? Debating if i should or not enter tomorrow.

Another question is if it would be tough fishing for instance. What happens if there isn't enough fish caught for the top 10 places?

I'm thinking there will be enough fish boated to fill the spots.

All the info you will most likely need will be discussed at the meeting tonight. 7:00 pm at the VFW.

Good decoy comment Boiler, I think they bought it!!!!

Got the bait covered!

I haven't gotten a copy of the rules yet, but most SW Fishing Club tourney's have a 15" minimum and usally only a 5 fish weigh in. Don't mark that as gospel on this tourney but that is the usuall case.

Boiler, the problem is that I own 4 porty's and also now own 4 perms too. uuhhhhhh, that's a tad much.

O.....you guys are tricky, to counter act that, I just picked up some new cranks baits.....

If you guys fish as well as you talk, those 'eyes are in big trouble.

T.O. you've seen us fish you know we are way better at talking! Nick I think we should just keep this fish house as our paycheck and not worry about getting up so early to go to Wothington! The thing is like brand new!

I wonder if the minnows are the hot bait or what is in the brown paper sack?

PBR and Timberwolf snuff.

Hope it's going well; I'm heading North.

I really wanted to fish this tournament.2 things prevented me from being able to. 1. The party barge is getting a new stator and a new switch box put in the motor. 2.Its my one weekend of the month i have to work for 1 hour.Love these 8 hour tournaments because i can troll for 8 eight hours....and that is heaven grin

at the momment there is roughly 10 boats out and i'm estimating maybe 3 fish total between them. I would say fishing might be a little tough, but that is just my oppinion unless someone figured out the right technique to catching them.

Good luck the ones fishing in it right now.

The fishing was tough. After a quick rain this morning I thought the bite would pick up, but it didn't.

There were a total of 16 boats entered and 6 fish weighed in. The winning weight was right around 2 pounds, which was also the biggest fish.

Only 16 boats. The word was definitley out on how poor the fishing has been on Okabena for quite a while now. Always hated fishing those tournaments when you knew the fish weren't biting. Won a couple of them with one or two fish but liked it a lot better when everybody was catching fish and let the chips fall where they may. Helped the confidence factor a lot. Anybody know who won?