• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Got out this morning around 3:30 with thick fog. Thank goodness for GPS. Sense of direction completely dissapears when it's pitch black and pea soup. Could'nt even see the yard lights on shore for most of the way. A little unsettling but also added some adventure to the hunt. I was throwing for the Ski's but just ended up with a coulp of pike, maybe next time for muskie my dues are adding up. Came off the water at 9:00 am. Looking forward to the fall bite.

Redbandit

Did you see any big bass out on those spots?

I got out this afternoon in the heavy rain hoping to get some shallow bass but ended up tossing cranks on those points and connecting with a school of nice bass.

I didn't come across any 'skis or 'eyes like before.

I split the time between you two and had a fun time with bass, but once the rain kicked in it shut off.

Shallow water was working....mainly reeds.

Timmy D

No bass caught. Lots of fish chasing and surfacing in the shallows and along the breaks at the weedline from daybreak on.

I was tempted to throw a buzz bait but kept on fishing the big plugs.

i was out satrurday and sunday for bass and got about 20 both days saturday i was out from 11 to 3. fished in the rain saturday and today i was out 6 30 to 11 i was in a sylvan eliminator with 90 hp any see me out there? docks were working for me and the points of the islands

i got one that was 19" 4 1/2 lbs i got that one on a jig n pig but had a share of 16 and 17" ones

I got most of mine at the end of the dock by the tires on the dock and the boat lifts also

how did you do?

I didn't get out until it was raining. I was hoping to get some bass in the shallows.

After an hour with no action, I ran to a point that held a school of nice fish back in July.

In the pouring rain, I cranks at least 15 bass in about 20 min. The largest was 20", most 15"-16".

wow thats pretty good numbers do u mind telling what kind of crank u were using? i have tried dt 10s and the strike king ones that go about 10 ft and havent really got alot on them

I throw Strike King Series 5 and Series 6 most of the time when fish deeper stuff.

I love throwing deep cranks and searching for schools of fish. I have a lot of confidence in this. I know if I throw it enough, eventually I will come across something good.

What my report didn't tell you was about all the hours and hours I spent crankin to find this spot that these fish use. I have literally spent days and days crankin and catching nothing until you come across that special spot that holds a school of fish. This is my reward for all that effort.

I have spots like this that I fish year after year and the fish continue to be there. Very, Very time consuming and at times frustrating, to find but you might just get rewarded with a true hot spot.

• 2 weeks later...

Went out Wed. night from 6:30 to 11:30 missed a pike and saw a 50" at boatside. Water was like glass.

Went out last night from 6:00 to 10:15. South wind and a front to the north with no action. Water temps both nigths 66 deg.

Was out Fri. night from 6:00 to 10:45. Water like glass again with a light breeze. Water temps 59 deg. Sure dropped from last Fri. night.