• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Told ya!... "Favre"

PierBridge

Well said. It should be an exciting season watching both teams and QBs compete.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PierBridge

• Scott K

• Sandmannd

• LMITOUT

Ok now that we are all done venting let's get this back on topic. smile

About this text message that Farve sent to the Packers team president while on vacation that went unreturned ...although rumor has it he cut his vacation short and his heading back to Sconie!

grin

I am with you on this one, I think with these two teams with two young QB's and good teams behind them, it will make this division exciting to watch for many years.

I think for those that think Favre was a great quarterback and would love to have him play for the vikes are living in that fantasy world thinking Cullpeper was a good quarterback and Denny green was a guru of coaches grin All three knew how to lose a game. I mean all 4

No reason to say a word after that idoitic statement.

Mark

Holly cow, A guy just cant have any fun anymore can we keyks42 ? Do you really have to take things so serious

I dont feel my statement was over the top. Your statement might have been a joke but it was still idoitic. I have made many posts on the Favre thing and really am tired of the whole soap opera. As a die hard packer fan living in Queens territory I hear all the time that #4 isn't any good bla bla bla. I cant help it that Madden and the national media have a crush on him. If I was a Viking fan I would hate him but still respect how good of a QB he was. I do apologize for coming across the way I did. By the way this is the last statement I make on Favre coming back, maybe.

Mark

Ya your right, That was not fair putting Favre in the same sentance as those above mentioned. Idiotic was kinda harsh but I cant really think of another word that would fit.

May the Queens rule whoops I ment Vikings.

I dont feel my statement was over the top. Your statement might have been a joke but it was still idoitic. I have made many posts on the Favre thing and really am tired of the whole soap opera. As a die hard packer fan living in Queens territory I hear all the time that #4 isn't any good bla bla bla. I cant help it that Madden and the national media have a crush on him. If I was a Viking fan I would hate him but still respect how good of a QB he was. I do apologize for coming across the way I did. By the way this is the last statement I make on Favre coming back, maybe.

Mark

Isn't a statement made as a joke kind of supposed to be indiotic, ironic, or silly by definition? When I saw the grin icon posted in the sentence I was prepared for something a little out there and it usually tells me to lower my sensitivity level.

If you are sick of Vikes fans ripping Farve shouldn't we also be entitled to be a little worn out about hearing the other side of the coin also?

I think most Vikes fans respect his abilities that he has but also have come to recognize that he may not be the god he has been made out to be. In my lowly opinion he is one of the best of all time but he can cost your team a game as quickly as he can win one. That plus the constant theatrics every off season for the last few years is selfish and egotistical. His treatment of Aaron Rodgers also smacks of ego and selfishness (he and Rodgers have admitted that he has been a a$$, especially in the beginning to Rodgers). He refused to work with the kid and show him the ropes. If you are one of the greatest all time you shouldn't feel threatened by some snot nosed draft choice.

Lastly, does he always have to look he just crawled out from under the hood of a car. He always looks like he needs a shower. His uniform should have a Snap On where the Reebok logo is and the towel in his belt should be replaced with a greasy rag in the back pocket.

Favre has a huge ego...but enough of that for now.

But, how can we not make fun of him for that and how the media and Packer fans treat him? When he announced his retirement, a fan on TV (grown man who was crying) compared it to the day JFK was shot. OMG!!!

And, that was not all...but I won't go into that either....

Isn't a statement made as a joke kind of supposed to be indiotic, ironic, or silly by definition? When I saw the grin icon posted in the sentence I was prepared for something a little out there and it usually tells me to lower my sensitivity level.

If you are sick of Vikes fans ripping Farve shouldn't we also be entitled to be a little worn out about hearing the other side of the coin also?

I think most Vikes fans respect his abilities that he has but also have come to recognize that he may not be the god he has been made out to be. In my lowly opinion he is one of the best of all time but he can cost your team a game as quickly as he can win one. That plus the constant theatrics every off season for the last few years is selfish and egotistical. His treatment of Aaron Rodgers also smacks of ego and selfishness (he and Rodgers have admitted that he has been a a$$, especially in the beginning to Rodgers). He refused to work with the kid and show him the ropes. If you are one of the greatest all time you shouldn't feel threatened by some snot nosed draft choice.

Lastly, does he always have to look he just crawled out from under the hood of a car. He always looks like he needs a shower. His uniform should have a Snap On where the Reebok logo is and the towel in his belt should be replaced with a greasy rag in the back pocket.

laughlaugh Very well said. I agree with everything.

8 pages of posts and not one of you Vikings fans wants the avatar bet I proposed earlier?

Lot of smack talkin without anybody willing to put it on the line? Typical, the Vikings talk a good game, but can't back it up gringringrin

What was the bet again?.. if memory serves me right it was insanely long like 2 years plus the Packers are playing at home??????

If you wanted to propose something more reasonable and FAIR as far as the bet's go lets hear it.

I had to laugh the other day on a local radio station the two broadcasters were talking about Favre returning. If the Packer were to release him they said two teams would be high on picking him up. Da bears and the Vikings. They started talking about if the Vikes were to pick him up and on opening night when Favre's #4 jersey would be retired and he would be standing on the Vikings sideline with a Purple #4 jersey on. HMMMM wonder how the Slacker fans would like that. Would he be BOOED or would there literally be a boarder battle. Fans and all. I have always enjoyed Brett (except when he played against the Vikes) unless the Vike beat up on him. He is and will alway be a great QB. Very entertaining to watch. Best of luck to him on whatever he does.

Quote:
What was the bet again?.. if memory serves me right it was insanely long like 2 years plus the Packers are playing at home??????

If you wanted to propose something more reasonable and FAIR as far as the bet's go lets hear it.

The bet was head to head this year (2 games), if it's a Packers sweep, you keep the Packers logo as your avatar for a year (time frame can be negotiable), and vice versa.....Tiebreaker is who finishes higher in the division...........that's a fair bet......

OK I'll go 2 month's from the time the Pack/Vikes are eliminated from the playoffs. One more twist though if the Vikes sweep the Pack or win the tie break but the Packers go farther in the Playoffs I lose the Avatar bet and vise-versa!

If either team wins the Super-Bowl then we go a YEAR! grin

Wonder if this is true, just read on SI.COM-

Brett Favre wants the Green Bay Packers to release him so he can return to the NFL with another team, according to an ESPN report.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Friday that sources close to Favre and the team told him agent James "Bus" Cook formally asked the Packers for Favre's release in a letter because the Packers were not receptive about Favre wanting to play again.

The 38-year-old Favre retired March 6 after a 17-year career.

Messages left by The Associated Press for Packers general manager Ted Thompson, a team spokesman and Cook were not immediately returned.

The Packers plan to use Aaron Rodgers as their quarterback for the upcoming season.

yep, saw that too. ESPN.com says he does not want to be traded, he wants his unconditional release. looks like this news will stick around for a long time to come.

Wonder if this is true, just read on SI.COM-

Brett Favre wants the Green Bay Packers to release him so he can return to the NFL with another team, according to an ESPN report.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Friday that sources close to Favre and the team told him agent James "Bus" Cook formally asked the Packers for Favre's release in a letter because the Packers were not receptive about Favre wanting to play again.

The 38-year-old Favre retired March 6 after a 17-year career.

Messages left by The Associated Press for Packers general manager Ted Thompson, a team spokesman and Cook were not immediately returned.

The Packers plan to use Aaron Rodgers as their quarterback for the upcoming season.

Nope couldn't be it's all just a big rumor!... grin

Favre fakes a hand off to Peterson, rolls to his right, sees Bernard Berrian in the flat - he THROWS DEEP..... TOUCHDOWN and the Vikings win the Superbowl....

It is to laugh!!!

This on KSTP just now.

Wow....Blockbuster news tonight on Brett Favre. We somewhat saw this coming, but it's hard to believe it's come to this. According to an ESPN report by Chris Mortenson, Favre wants out of Green Bay. If Favre gets his way, the Vikings and a handful of other teams might be gunning for his services. On Thursday, Favre's agent, Bus Cook, overnighted a letter to the Packers asking for his outright release. If this report is accurate, and given Mortenson's close relationship to Favre I believe it is, then it's a stunning development. It comes three days after a conference call between Favre and Packers management. Reportedly, the team wasn't real thrilled about Favre's desire to play again, prompting Favre to ask for his informal release. If the Packers balk, then Favre can force their hand by filing re-instatement papers, which would force the Packers to cut him or keep him because Favre doesn't want to be traded. Favre is calling for an 'amicable' resolution between the two sides, calling on his years of committment to the Packers organization. If Favre leaves, the Vikings, Bears, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Baltimore, and the NY Jets could all be likely destinations. Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell was Favre's quarterback coach for a number of seasons in Green Bay, so there's a natural fit there. The Vikings also run a version of the West Coast offense, similar to the Packers. The Packers just released a statement on the matter:

STATEMENT FROM THE GREEN BAY PACKERS ORGANIZATION

"The Green Bay Packers are aware of the latest developments regarding Brett Favre. Brett earned and exercised the right to retire on his terms. We wanted him to return and welcomed him back on more than one occasion.Brett’s press conference and subsequent conversations in the following weeks illustrated his commitment to retirement.The finality of his decision to retire was accepted by the organization. At that point, the Green Bay Packers made the commitment to move forward with our football team. As a retired player, Brett has the option to apply for reinstatement with Commissioner Goodell. If that were to occur, he would become an active member of the Green Bay Packers. As always, the Packers will do what’s right and in the best interest of the team. As with all Packers greats, Brett’s legacy will always be celebrated by our fans and the organization, regardless of any change in his personal intentions. Brett and Deanna will always be a part of the Packers family.

ANALYSIS:

The Packers organization is in a tough spot. Aaron Rodgers was groomed all off-season to be the Packers QB of the future. They customized their offensive gameplans to suit Rodgers' talents, not Favre. Rodgers sat patiently for 3 years waiting in the wings. Rodgers' contract will expire at the end of the 2009 season, so spurning him now could burn bridges with him later. Paying Favre the $12 million plus isn't a problem. They've got the money. But stifling Rodgers' growth and potentially disrupting team chemistry could be a big problem with Favre's return. From Favre's perspective, the 'itch' to return is understandable but smacks of selfishness revealing this in the 11th hour before camps open. The Packers aren't likely to get much in return for a trade because Favre doesn't want to be traded, so teams likely won't pony up a good draft pick because of that. In all likelihood, Favre-the Packers, and a 3rd-party team would have to work something out in advance. That's the only way a trade would work, as well as hammer out the finances of it. Teams would have to make a salary cap fit with Favre as well, who's going to get $12 million with Green Bay but might settle for less to play on a team of his choice. The Vikings and Bucs would be the most ideal situation, but I can't see Green Bay willingly let him go to the Purple without significant compensation. But if Favre gets his way and an outright release, you can bet Minnesota will be on his radar. Stay tuned, because this probably will be a very convoluted process.

Heard a report that Minnesota contacted GB about Favre's release......

Quote:
OK I'll go 2 month's from the time the Pack/Vikes are eliminated from the playoffs. One more twist though if the Vikes sweep the Pack or win the tie break but the Packers go farther in the Playoffs I lose the Avatar bet and vise-versa!

If either team wins the Super-Bowl then we go a YEAR!

You're on! Winner picks the avatar for the loser? I like the twist! GO PACK GO!

I heard he stated he wanted out of GB because of the "lack of motivation". I guess meaning the pack not being aggressive in bringing in the right pieces. Havent the vikings been the "anti-pack" with the aquisitions they made? Hmmmm.....it he gets released it will be interesting to see which teams come calling. Its almost laughable to think that Favre could be playing at Lambeau opening night after all....in purple. Can't believe it could shake out that way though.

Quote:

You're on! Winner picks the avatar for the loser?

DEALIO!

Wishfull thinking on Farve starting for the Vikes on Monday night....but we can sure dream about it... grin

Heard a report that Minnesota contacted GB about Favre's release......

I just puked a little in my mouth.

seriously though, not gonna happen. Im glad the Vikes contacted Green Bay about this, Green Bay will think we are interested and therefore will not release him unconditionally. If they do let him go I guarantee he wont be playing in the black and blue division.

If he does get let go that gives him the right to sign with any team he wants and that very well could be in the black and blue. If hes let go the pack can't say anything about where he goes. The thing that national media has been saying all along is that he wont play in the central because they couldnt fathom the pack just letting him go. Well, looks like Favre might be forcing that hand so you never know. I just think it would be hilarious to see the green bay glory boy tell the organization to get lost and to them see him sign in the central. Wow what would that do to the packer fans. I mean if the vikes, bears, chiefs, ravens, and dolphins come calling, where would you sign to have the best chance at a superbowl?