• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Told ya!... "Favre"

PierBridge

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PierBridge

• Scott K

• Sandmannd

• LMITOUT

Yep, I said the same thing. He has to keep his name in the news.

If he mentions coming back to the press, I win $20 from my Packer Buddy! I just won it!!

If he actually comes back, I win an additional $100 from my Packer buddy!!

ESPN's Chris Mortensen said Wednesday that a Packers source told him the 38-year-old Favre told coach Mike McCarthy in the past two weeks that he has the itch to play.

"The Packers have no reaction," team spokesman Jeff Blumb told The Associated Press.

Favre's agent, James 'Bus' Cook, didn't return a message seeking comment. Packers general manager Ted Thompson and McCarthy were on vacation.

Favre retired March 6 after a 17-year career.

Cornerback Al Harris said on ESPN's "NFL Live" that Favre made similar comments to him.

"I know he has the itch to come back and play," Harris said. "If he will or not, I don't know."

The Packers plan to use Aaron Rodgers as their quarterback for the upcoming season, and he's been leading the team through organized team activities and minicamp.

Rodgers has been groomed to take over for Favre since being selected in the first round in 2005, but has played sparingly.

"Aaron is our quarterback," Harris said. "Brett's retired. But if he wanted to come back, there would be some guys who wouldn't mind it. I would welcome him back with open arms."

According to the ESPN report, the Packers would be reluctant to open the door for Favre because "Brett retired for the right reasons, even though I know his family is tugging on him (to play)."

Favre has two years left on his contract at an average of about $12.5 million per season. The Packers placed him on the reserve-retired list in the spring so his salary does not now count toward the cap.

Favre's commitment to retirement has been questioned since his announcement. That talk resumed in mid-June when Favre withdrew from the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship at Lake Tahoe, scheduled for July 11-13.

Tournament spokesman Steve Griffith said then that Favre had to miss the event because of a scheduling conflict.

When he retired, a teary Favre said, "I've given everything I possibly could give to this organization, the game of football, and I don't think I've got anything left to give And that's it. I know I can play. But I don't think I want to."

But less than two months later, he told reporters he might be open to returning if Rodgers was injured.

Favre, a three-time MVP, leads the league with 442 touchdown passes, 61,655 yards passing and 160 career victories. He started 253 consecutive regular-season games, more than any other quarterback in history. Including the playoffs, his streak stands at 275.

Rodgers, meanwhile, has stirred up controversy himself this week. In a Sports Illustrated article, the quarterback said he didn't need to prove anything to the fans.

"I don't feel I need to sell myself to the fans," he said in the article. "They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut."

Its just a story...he hasn't showed up for two a days yet.

Dude just loves to hear his name. Go ride your dang tractor!!!

I don't believe he'll be back with the Packers but IMO Favor will be pursuing a Super Bowl with another team.

GO VIKES!..... grin

I dont think he's coming back just the viacadin talking.

If so I see a train wreck a comin

Brett wants his release from the Packers so he can play with the Vikings. This will be the final piece you guys need for your superbowl run... Think about it..

If favre was qb for the Vikes, I wouldnt watch a single Vikings game!

Brett wants his release from the Packers so he can play with the Vikings. This will be the final piece you guys need for your superbowl run... Think about it..

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little!! sick

if Favre came back and played for the Vikings and started winning you'd be all over that TV...

if Favre came back and played for the Vikings and started winning you'd be all over that TV...

I am sorry, but I wouldnt be!!

Yuck no Favre please and cortisone cream will clear that "itch" right up for him. Just hang 'em up dude!

He just needs to get his name in the lights. Favre likes to get his ego stroked. Whether he plays or not this year...we will hear about Favre for YEARS yet on how he may or may not play.

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little!! sick

You might want to get a whole barf bag ready Sandmandd. That first game is going to be tough. They either retire his jersey and we are going to hear about Favre for 3 1/2 hours or he will be suited up and we are going to hear about Favre for 3 1/2 hours. Plus who is going to be able to understand all the play by play with all the sobbing, sniffles and tears in the announcers booth. cry

What will be interesting if it is Farve and Tavaris starting for their teams, it is very possible each guy will throw 3 INT's but one will be a gamer, who is trying things no one else has the guts or ability to try, and the other will be a young, quarterback making bad decisions. confused

Wow, you guys are like a bunch of teenage girls with all your gossip grin

It's all rumors till he shows up at a camp, dressed in pads, till then it's nothing.

All of you know [PoorWordUsage] well that you would take Favre over TJ any day! There's no way you win 10 games with him at the helm wink

All of you know [PoorWordUsage] well that you would take Favre over TJ any day! There's no way you win 10 games with him at the helm wink

That's insane to say the least!

Either way Packer Fans are very uncomfortable right now being left in limbo by this EGO maniac.....and if Favor suits up for somebody else Wisconsin will never have to worry about their lakes and rivers drying up with all the tears that will be flowing...LOL.

Go Vikes!

Wanderer don't kid yourself you'll be watching EVERY SECOND of the Purple no matter who's at the helm.... grin

That's just silly talk of Favre playing for the Vikes. The Vikes want a new stadium dont they?

I agree with fishyguy,I think we all do, that first game is gonna be long and winy with all talk directed towards Favre.

What I'm really worried about is the St.Croix river. With all that crying, as mentioned before, The lakes and rivers are gonna rise. and I've never seen high water that time of year. The fish are gonna think its armageddon

So an ESPN reporter heard second-hand that Favre told the coach he has an itch to play. But neither the team nor Favre's people confirm that the conversation ever took place.

All this yak about Favre needing the spotlight is silly. Maybe he does and maybe he doesn't, but there's nothing in this story that indicates he's looking for all the attention.

Just because he has an itch to play doesn't mean he's going to play. If I was that good for that long at something I loved to do that much, you bet I'd have an itch to play the year after I retired. And the year after that, and the year after that.

Rip the newsies for taking a single piece of heresay and manufacturing a story out of it, not Favre.

I think the Vikes are the ones very uncomfortable since they were thinking they MIGHT have a chance at beating The Pack if Rodgers suits up, but now that's not so certain since they may be going up against something called Brett Favre instead.

Be afraid....be very afraid. grin

Anybody that says they'd take T-Jack over #4 needs to have their head examined! There is no logical explanation whatsoever that would convince anybody (besides a purple Kool-Aid drinking numb-skull) that T-Jack would be the better starter for the Queens this year. Good luck with that.

BTW, GB favored by 3pts in the first game. Could be more soon.......... grin

Agreed, the name Favre and T. Jack dont even belong in the same sentence. However I would be disgusted to see a purple and gold #4 jersey with Favre on the back. I'd take T Jack over Farve just because, as a Vikings fan, I hate Favre with a passion!!!!!

Besides the Vikes are gonna win the division this year anyways. AP will just run all over everyone anyways grin

Well well we got the Dakota boys involved in this topic..... grin spose they gotta root for some team and the Pack are a perfect fit IMO.

I'll take the 3 points Farve or no-Farve go Vikes!... grin

I think the Vikes are the ones very uncomfortable since they were thinking they MIGHT have a chance at beating The Pack if Rodgers suits up, but now that's not so certain since they may be going up against something called Brett Favre instead.

Be afraid....be very afraid. grin

Anybody that says they'd take T-Jack over #4 needs to have their head examined! There is no logical explanation whatsoever that would convince anybody (besides a purple Kool-Aid drinking numb-skull) that T-Jack would be the better starter for the Queens this year. Good luck with that.

BTW, GB favored by 3pts in the first game. Could be more soon.......... grin

Anybody want to point out where in this thread anyone said T Jack is better than, as good or even close to Farve? I think we can agree on the fact that T Jack has a ways to go to enter in the same conversations about talent as Favre. If it was my statement that got everyone going on that, read it again and you should see that it was a statement about his treatment by the announcers. I think we all can also agree Favre is capable of throwing up a few picks. Anyone see the NFC Championship last year?

Quote:
Anyone see the NFC Championship last year?

No, I didn't...........I have no idea what you're taling about grin

Like it or not, Monday nights game will be filled with Favre talk and comparisons, but guess what........he's one of the greatest (notice I said one of, let's not turn this into a "who's better than Favre thread) QB's to ever play the game. They did it with Marino, "horse-toothed jackass" Elway and Montana, and they'll do it with Peyton and Brady when they retire.

As far as tears go, I'm more afraid of the Mississippi coming over the banks from all the tears of the Vikings fans when they lose on Monday night. That is going to be a hard pill to swallow when Rodgers lights you up and AP is held to under 100 yards......... grin

Anyone want to make an avatar bet on the season series or who has the better record? Loser keeps the other teams logo for a year? First come, first serve..............grin

Well well we got the Dakota boys involved in this topic..... grin spose they gotta root for some team and the Pack are a perfect fit IMO.

North Dakota's professional football team has as many championships as the Vikings. grin

Anybody want to point out where in this thread anyone said T Jack is better than, as good or even close to Farve?

Well, when someone says they don't want Favre that tells me they'd rather have T-Jack. wink

I think we can also agree that Favre is capable of throwing up a couple TD's. Anyone see that game in MN last year?

Originally Posted By: PierBridge

North Dakota's professional football team has as many championships as the Vikings. grin

HAH! Perfectly said. As a Nodak for going on 30 years, I was thankful we never had to pony up tax dollars for pro football/baseball stadiums. Most of us Nodaks just rooted for the losers next door. Of course, I rooted for the football team two states east. gringringrin

yes I would rather have T Jack. At least we know whos gonna show up on the feild. Besides we dont need a great QB to win games we need good plans good thinking on the spur of the moment and a good defence. And I think were gonna get a better defence.

Besides I would be nice for the vikes to have there own Identity rather than looking at a player rembering oh yea he was great when he played for so and so. We dont need to go back to the dredded "Green erreor"

Limit, I dislike farve that much!! I dont mind the packers, just favre! So if he ended up our QB, I would not watch a game until the vikes realize he is washed up, and over rated, like 6 games!