• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Are the Twins better without Cuddyer?

SledNeck

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SledNeck

• bassislife

• KMR85

• hamrej23

It was an extra long break! We had an extra day this year.

Wow, Sled you need to take about a 2 week vacation on Vermilion and kick back a little. Your last few weeks on the forum have been so [PoorWordUsage]. I used to enjoy the positivity and such but your so off base now, WOW!

HEY. Im very opinionated when it comes to the twins. Its my job as a fan!

Ive noticed the sarcasm detection around here is pretty bad compared to other forums!

I'll be on vermilion tomorrow. Fishing is about as stressful as normal life....my wife wont even go with me and the kid cause she says we take it way to seriously.

Nothin wrong with passion for a team. Let me guess, smallmouths on the V?

you know what they say about opinions...and everyone is entitled to one. i think everyone just wants the twins to win and there is nothing wrong with putting in your 2 cents about what moves they could, should, or would make to win. now lets just hope hamilton is still tired for the series that starts tonight! hopefully morneau will hit a few bombs and get those know nothings from espn to shut their mouths. i was mad enough about their derby telecast that i sent them a very NICE (not) email. but i am sure they didn't read it.

Nothin wrong with passion for a team. Let me guess, smallmouths on the V?

Gonna see how well they bite. Then catch a limit of eyes for dinner.

Good topic. Just a couple of thoughts and questions. Delmon Young is doing fine. Hopefully, the power numbers improve a bit. Should we be that excited that Tolbert is coming back. I follow the Twins pretty closely, and he isn't proven as far as I can tell. If Punto hits .265+ with his dazzling glove, we are just fine at short. Span is playing well, but it's not time to give him the job for good. I can't remember how Cuddy did at 3rd base a few years ago. Was he terrible? That is a thought to keep them all in the line-up. I know you wouldn't stick him at 3rd right now, but in the future. Let's get the sweep today. THey are so much better than I thougt they would be.

Delmon is slugging the ball. Is there a reason we're discussing him? He's the clear-cut leftfielder!

The Twins have good players in all positions, they just all need to click!

Heard something on the radio saying Delmon and a couple others owe us some homers.

So please expect these homers in the coming weeks.

perkins slides by, justins hits a good one, and nathan in for the save. thats what I call a game. not sure bout cuddyer he can be a key player, but the on the same note he can SUCK.

• 2 weeks later...

Right on sled. Span is doing awesome too. I bet Cuddyer is nervous now. His spot in the lineup may not be available when he comes back if these young guys keep showing him up and keep playing like they are playing. I think the Cuddyer era may be coming to an end grin!

Sporting News fantasy points out the following on Delmon:

It took Young 62 games to hit his first homer, but since then he's hit .312 with seven homers and 33 RBIs in 52 games.

And a breakdown of Denard Span, as he follow the path that Gomez has taken this season:

Season: .309

Last 30 days: .296

Last 14 days: .283

Last 7 days: .269

In a few more weeks, everyone will be wondering how soon Cuddyer can come back and get back in the lineup to replace Span...

No way. Span over cuddyer any day. Besides, Gomez was never hitting like Span was anyway, and Span's defense isn't even comparable to Cuddyer's. Span is here to stay.

Nobody knows what kind of player Span is going to be going forward, but I for one like his game and remember that he likely would have been on the opening day roster had it not been for the pressure of having Gomez there to have something to show for losing Santana.

It's been pointed out that he's batted .269 the last seven days. Guess who's career average that matches? Not saying the downward trend of the last couple weeks won't continue but let's not be too quick to say he's going to keep keep going that direction. I think it's safe to say that we know the player that Cuddy is and that Denard Span since he's been called up is a definite upgrade. Not only has he been a better hitter but he's filling in the #1 slot very well and he's a threat on the bases.

Not saying Cuddy is a bad player by any means but then again we know he's never going to be a #1 batter type player but Span still could potentially be there.

Ya Greebs you're right. It may be too soon to jump to conclusions but there is just something about Span that makes me think he's here to stay. One can only hope!

I agree. Im sure the front office will shop Cuddy this offseason. Span, Gomez and Young are the future for this club

I doubt Cuddyer will be shopped after signing a long-term deal. The Twins still need a DH that can rest the outfielders, why not slot him in there? He's a legit extra-base threat on a team with too few of those - I'm not going to give up on him after one injury-riddled season.

He's a good offensive player with some speed, a good glove, & a cannon for an arm.

It's getting trendy to write him off. I don't think that's wise at this point.