• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

First Aitkin trip of the year, not bad!

I finally got a chance to get out in the Aitkin area over the weekend. I was able to fish with my dad on Friday night, which doesn't happen too often anymore. We caught a couple pretty nice eyes on a slip bobber/leech. We were only able to fish until 10:30 PM, my dad had to work the next morning. I caught the bigger of the two (26") five minutes before we had to leave. It was tough to leave after catching her!

Smaller of the two:

eye22crop.jpg

The 26":

eye26angle.jpg

eye26release.jpg

I was also able to get out bass fishing with a buddy from high school on Saturday evening. He had his kids with, ages 2 and 4, so we weren't able to fish as hard as we would've liked, but we still managed an assortment of bass, pike, crappies, and bluegills. Nothing too big, but we had a good time, and the kids had a blast, which is the most important part.