• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone cathcing anything out of Blue??

Just wondering how everyone is doing on Blue this year? Any species. I have been out a few times just want to see how others are doing. The crappies are active if you can find them but they run small (most under 10"). Caugth a few walleyes but have not really targeted them. The sunnies are on their beds but they look small also. Good Luck!!

Oz,

I haven't been up there for a few weeks. Caught some nice sunnies a few weeks back in about 5' of water on the shoreline just south of the camper park. Got them on flu-flus and crappie minnows.

Are you going to be out there at all this weekend?

I was out this last weekend. We kept a dozen bluegill/hybrid over 7", but had to sort thru a lot of small ones (6"-7"). I did get up by the pads around 2 pm and caught a few small bass. I saw a few large honeycombs (spawn beds) but didn't see any fish on them. We caught sunfish in 7 fow and they didn't have any eggs.

hey guys I figured both of you might respond......that is what I had thought smaller fish.....actually I have been hammering the crappies on a new technique I have been trying......I would guess that I have boated over 300 crappies since fathers day.....they move from the weeds to outer edges but like I stated earlier they are smaller.....I don't think I have caught one over 10.5 inches....fun though.

Juan I will be around this weekend and I am sure I will be on blue Saturday and possibly sunday......I will be in my blue/tan 14 footer with a 15hp Mariner......I tend to do most of my fishing around the flat access area...If you would like to hook up or follow me I can show you what I am using and how I am using it.....

ozzie,

Cool, I'll probably be out later in the day on Sat. I'll look for your boat. Do you fish by your self?

sometimes by myself and other times I will have a buddy or 2....what will you be driving???

Oz,

Fish were biting on Blue today. I fished about four hours this after noon. The sunnies are all in shallow on their beds so you can get them one right after the. About 1 out of every 10 is a borderline keeper though.

Got some nice bass and 8-9" crappies too. Not a lot of size to the panfish (as you well know) but still a fun day on the water.

cool- my buddy called me from the lake and said he had caught about 100 crappies in one of our old fishing spots......i will try to make it out tonight to see what happens............

I'll probably be out there tonight at some point. I'll look for you.

made it out saturday from 11:30 till 4 and I caught 83 crappies and my buddy caught 31 all of them released....we also caught some nice sunnies and a few bass and perch...not too bad for the middle of the day!!

Wow, I should have tracked you down. We were out on Saturday, but I was in the pontoon and was having trouble controlling the boat in the wind. We ducked into one of the bays and hid out.

Did you get anything over 10"? All on the north side again?

nothing bigger than 10" and yeah northside in the weeds....alot of people over there fishing on Sunday night but the fishing wasn't that great maybe 30 crappies but they were all smaller....Saturdays we had alot of 9"s so it fun....we actually anchored and casted till the fish wouldn't bite then moved maybe 10 yds and reanchored and started right back catching them......I might try tonight or Wednesday before I head out of town.......