• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Leaving for Rainy lake this week with a bunch of kids on a house boat anyone have any good tips for fishing?? I've never fished Rainy lake before is it similar to fishing Lake of the woods on the Canada side?? Lots of rocks and sunken islands? Any input would be great...

Thanks

Lenny

Lenny,

It is very similar to fishing the Canadian side of LOW. If I were you I would head east of the Brule Narrows. Alot of the better fishing is coming from that end now, not to mention that is where the best houseboat sites are too. Though I can't remember the numbers anymore sites back in Saginaw, and Marion bays have sand beaches as does the one on Finlander Island and a few on Big Island and Blueberry Island.

For fishing you can work the shallows in Saginaw and Marion, but some of the transitional breaklines over by Big and Blueberry Island are producing fish as well. A jig and minnow is not a bad bet for deeper fish, but crawlers are really starting to produce as of late. Trolling spinners in shallow, or trolling raps in shallow will produce fish as well.

Take Care!