• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gulp Leeches

Anybody tried these for walleyes or smallies yet on Rainy? I bought the smaller container of 3"ers this past weekend and plan to give them a try next week.

Eyepatrol,

I love 'em for lindy rigging for walleyes. I used them alot when I fished Canada, mainly because I don't want to buy leeches when I am up there. This summer all I plan on using for walleyes in Canada is Gulp Baits. Last time we were up in Porters we were having good luck on the white minnows on a chartreuse jig.

Yeah, I like leeches for jigging and spinner rigging. I got the 3" leeches so I might have to put a bit of action into them myself.

Also got some 2.5" white Gulp minnows for the trip. Thinking they might be good for just about all species, but will be using them mostly for crappie searching along with your favorite crappie bait. wink

Biggest thing for me is if I can use plastics and save some money on bait, it's all the better! Just not a big plastics kind of guy and haven't really used them much, so I'm not aware of their effectiveness. Time will tell. cool