• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Guys, not much activity from anyone lately. The few reports have said the fishing was pretty slow over all of pool 4. Is it worth fishing this weekend? I know a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work, but just looking for some honest feedback. Is the water still very high, or just a little high? It's pretty expensive to go fishing these days, just wondering if it's worth my 60 bucks in gas to give it shot. I would be happy with walleye/sauger or crappies, and if you get some "others" that's fine too. Thanks for your honest responses.

Chipes

Check my post under 'staying at the willows' in this forum. Fishing was very good today (friday)

Things can change, but I would go if you have the chance. Many fish are shallow right now even during the middle of the day. eyes, smallies and pannies can be caught in same areas.

Lake is a little more off color than normal, but not horrible.

Good luck

Fishing has been pretty good for the most part. I have been doing a variety of things consisting of live baiting, plastics and crankbaits. For sheer numbers and variety I would cast to shorlines. My last trip out casting shorlines provide a mix bag of catfish, gar, crappies, walleye, sauger, smallmouth and of course sheephead.

I trolled all day yesterday and found a decent bite walleye and sauger bite in depths of 8-22 FOW. I will post some pics once I get my camera downloaded.

mw