• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Louis River - Duluth, MN

Hey fellow River Rats! : )

A few buddies, and I will be up in the Duluth area this weekend looking to fish the St. Louis for a few hours. Was wondering if anyone knew what kind of conditions the river is in now, and if any smallies are going. I'm game to catch any kind of fish, so if smallies aren't willing biters, I'll take carp, cats, walleye, or whatever.

Anyone know much about this river? We'll be hiking/wading. Is this river, or sections of it good for this kind of fishing?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Marc

Marc- you should try and post this question in the BWCA-Duluth-Ely Regional area forum, If you have not already. There is some info on the St.Louis river there.

• 1 month later...

There is a small area by the large dam which is popular for walleyes & smallies in Jay Cooke state park. Check it out. Finding the place can be a little tricky and so is parking. Fairly safe but I recommend using the buddy system since you have to walk a bit to get to the river and back.