• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Value of antique rod

machohorn

I have a old fly rod. I am not sure of the make but it is Bamboo. it has 6 pieces and sits cradeled around the outside of a round bamboo rig. has any one seen one of these? or know the value?

Most of the time, old bamboo rods were massed produced and are not worth much. A great example would be a south bend bamboo. I would recomend taking it to the nearest fly shop and have them check it out. When I worked at a fly shop in Colorado we would get in several people a month who thought they had something really valuable but would often be dissapointed. There is that off chance that you could have a antique from a maker that is worth a lot of money. Lets hope so.

I have to dig it out, my neighbor wheels and deals (makes his living) and he said he would give me $300.00 for it but he wanted to check a little deeper because it may be worth more and did not want to screw me too bad. I have not heard from him because of different work schedules.