• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

kab next week

The more natural colors worked the best for us, remember the bug spray. the no-see'em wee bad last weekend.

Thanks Woodduck. This will be our groups first time on the lake and first time and Deerhorn. Any further advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the bug spray reminder--I'll need it.

Kab Haus' Red,white,blue,a three color jig, or Gold have been the best, but leeches and crawlers using slip sinker rigs gaining popularity now that things are warming up. good luck, guts

Hi Kab Haus,

We are going to be staying at deerhorn, ariving on saturday

our group has 4 cabins,my Dad goes fishing up there 4 weeks a year so he will probably be able to help

Good Fishing

Kevin

Kab Haus, I second the RWB jigs. I was having luck earlier this year on bronze black red but not so much as of late. I like a silver hammered spinner on a lindy style rig but I have heard that perch colors are working well on the cloudy days. Water levels appear to have reached their apex and are slowly starting to fall (but just fractions of an inch right now). Hopefully water levels will allow boats on the docks again by the 4th. Good luck and have fun.

ODL

Thanks to all. Good news on water finally going down!! See ya in two days at the Kab.

Was there last sunday thru thursday, caught our limit everyday, every single one pulling a silver spinner #4 with a bottom bouncer and a leech, tried other methods as well but that was by far the best. we fished lost bay and that area. no need to venture any further when there hitting close to home (campground k16).

Quick - thanks for the spinner tip - did you catch any crappies back in lost bay?

Fished Kabetogama and Namakan the last 6 days and did real well. Caught fish everywhere from 8 ft. to 39 ft. depending on wind and time of day. Larger fish 20-23" cooperated well and definitely had to keep switching the bait (minnows, crawlers, leeches) as their preference was changing hourly. Water temps. varied from 59 degrees to finally warming to the mid-60's by yesterday afternoon. The fish are very healthy and the future looks bright!

Carp Wrangler,

We didn't get into any crappies this time but we did hook into our fair share of feisty northerns. I'm sure if you looked hard enough you would find the crappies.