• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello All,

Just wondering if the walleye bite has picked up on the river. I have finally convinced the wife to fish with me this weekend. Any suggestions? Thanks everyone! NORTHLANDER - any suggestions? Thanks!

The bite is getting better with the water clearing up a bit every day.

I would fish Arrowhead flats, Spirit Lake, the flats between the high and Bong Bridges and even just below boyscout landing is still producing.

The shallow weed bit is getting better too.

Troll bouncers and spinners or drift a spin n glow or small spinner. Crawlers are doing better for me but the leeches are doing ok as well.

The eyes are all over from the d a m to the entrys now but I would 1st try the shallow weed bite early and late.

I did reasonably well both Sunday and Monday evenings, with a mixed bag of bass, walleyes, a catfish, and those pesty rock bass. The smallmouth bite is beginning to pick up and there are still a few walleyes up high. The high water is making things a little difficult but I expect the traditional areas to begin to produce again as water levels return to normal.