• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crane lake fishing report

Sunday was our first time fishing Crane. Was not dissapointed. We found fish in less than an hour and ended up fishing the same spot the rest of the day. Lots of 12 to 16 inch walleyes and one 22" that was 4 pounds. 100_2250.jpg If we used minnows they had to be jigged or trolled. the leeches worked very well under a bobber. most fish were between 12 and 17 feet.

We also fished down the echo trail. Lots of small walleyes with a keeper mixed in here and there. overall a good trip though. we'll definetly fish crane again the next time we are up there.

Way to go D4 what lake did you fish on the echo trail. Heading up for the 4th. RAT

We went to Big lake and Lake Jeanette. Be carefull of the rocks on Jeanette. I heard today that a guy was killed out there when he hit one. It must have been yesterday.

Lots of rocks on jeanette for sure I run a 115 yamaha but never start it on jeanette use the T8, To bad about the guy who was killed small lake no need to go fast. never fished Big lake dont like all that gravel hard on my boat

An article in today's Mpls. newspaper said someone from Il. was killed Tuesday on Lake Jeanette when the boat he was in hit a rock hidden just below the surface. He was wearing a life jacket at the time.

D4Army, How did you do on BigLake? I am heading upthere for the first time in August with the wife.

D4 Army, How did you guys do when fishing for Bass on Crane? Were they still shallow or have they moved out?