• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am going to order a book or two from barnes and noble...any suggestions?

I was thinking about : Boundary Waters Canoe Area, Vol. 2 by Robert Beymer

And then: A Boundary Waters Fishing Guide

by Michael Furtman

anything by cliff jacobson or is it jacobsen?

I just got my 2nd edition Furtman, A BW Fishing Guide ( AKA the BW fishing bible )from his website & he will inscribe anything you want in the cover, the lake index is VERY helpful even though many BW lakes are DNR surveyed.

Later -CLoma

How about a magazine for ongoing information and just to scratch your itch in the winter...

I like the Boundary Waters Journal. It's put out quarterly, and IMO a very good read.

The Boundary Waters Catalog, err, Journal isn't that bad of a read. Not a lot of other options out there. You just have to wade through countless self promotional bits of advice (see page 78 in the Voyager trading post). I used to subscribe to it but it became so much of a catalog that I got tired of it. I still pick it up occassion to read but get so disgusted with all the ads that I remember why I don't subscribe rather quickly. Now if it sounds like I have anything against Stu, the publisher, I don't. I've met him once and he seemed like a decent enough guy with a genuine interest in the well being of the BWCA.

I do miss the articles in there by JackPine and Michael Furtman.