• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone been hitt'n it? Heard 2-5 Feet's pretty hot right bout now for the eyes. Me & a pal are hitt'n it up tuesday after work.Heard between a couple of the islands has been pay'n too.

went on sunday and worked the drop near the sand bar got 4 eys and a bounch of slabs

So, How'd you guys do? My son & I went over there Thurs. night & worked the shallows for bass (as best as we could) that slop & slime is NASTY. Tried scum frogs, buzzbaits, spinnerbaits = 1 bass.Tried raps outside the weed edges too. Two trailers at the access, what's up with that, it was a nice night, somebody know something we don't? I long for the lakes that have clearer water & weeds without the slime, but those are few around here. Guess I just need to learn to fish differently. L2f

Was out there a few nights ago. Caught a bunch of bass with a Texas rig. Need to let it drop right on the edge of the weeds.

Never made it. My buddy went to Bass Lake instead & I stayed home & watched the game. No eyes huh???

Actually, we caught 1 nice eye and a nice northern too. Got those on crackbaits.

I mean crankbaits. I'd hate to see a fish after using a crackbait.

We got there sort of late, & hadn't been there yet this year, so I was taking the run 'n gun approach to see what produced action. Not always a good formula for success, by the time you get a pattern figured, it's dark, but I was trying to get my son some bass action. Another time, another place. L2f