• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

dose any one elss besides me freeze shiners ........they do it a lot up north and works good when i was up there on a fishing trip well what i do is if i have shiners left over when im done fishing i will freeze them because there is no way i can keep then alive tell the next time i go so i tose them in the freezer and then i will use them for pulling on a spinner or jiging them and i have had pretty good luck with it. when pulling them on a spinner i do not think there is any differences with live ones but but jiging you have to be moving a little bit at least ........any one elss do this

i use them alot up here. forget about trolling with them. after you freeze them and then they thaw, they become delicate and tear off hooks easily. they're predominately a jigging bait. i have had much better luck with frozen shiners as opposed to live

humm i have never had them tear off much ......maby i have just been lucky idk .....but i hook them right in the middle of the head so that it is hard for the perch to get it off

and come this spring i had shiners on opener .......i keep 12 in the back and just for get about them .......they got frost bite but once they where in the watter they looked good ........but it dint help me that day lol