• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heading up in a few weeks for 5 days. Any reports or tips about these 2 lakes? Never been here but books I've read say they are pretty good wally lakes?

I go to this area every year, im actually going in on june 26th for a few days. The fishing here is second to none. Im not giving up my favotite spots but i will tell you tell you that the deep water hardley ever gives up the fish. Target the shallow bays and the moving water, the "late spring" should keep the majority of the fish shallow, which is where i have caught them year round. they just never seem to go deep, but if you ask me that just makes it easier. Jig and a minnow works wonders, jig and a leech seems to catch bigger fish though and leeches are alot easier to pack in. good luck and maybe ill see ya there.

If you want to give walleye a rest, head into turtle for pike. You won't be disappointed. There are some really nice pike in turtle.

I was in there for opener. Wasn't to bad we ended up getting about 25 walleyes and a couple northern. Though one was about 12-13lbs and another pushing 15.

I would definatly try the narrows between Bald and Gabbro. The humps and points there are going to hold a lot of fish. Work the edges of points and breaks. If you find them at a certain depth stick to it.

My Dad had got into the Crappies there one summer and he limited out in about half an hour. All were around 13-15" slabs. You might find them near the shallows depending on the water temp. But they should be moving out soon.

Make sure to bring one reel with some heavier line. When you go in for lunch on shore throw out a frozen smelt or somthing else big and stinky underneath a bobber. Never fails for catching 8-15lb pike.

Just talked to someone who is in Gabbro on Sunday. They used up a pound of leeches, but lost a lot of 'em because they were biting short. They got a nice limit to bring out.

I like that turtle lake thing, im going to have give that a shot this year. The best spot i've found, (that nobody ever fishes) is down where the snake river creek and the isabella river come together. its real shallow but there are some small holes and alot of grass. then work your way up to bald eagle and fish the first little island in the current, that is the sweet spot, fish every cast. been there five years in a row this spot alwayse produces, my personal best is from this spot 29 in. and i diddent have any ice to pack it out. it should be on the wall. going next week, WOW IM JACKED, CANT WAIT!!

Don't for get to try right out in front of the first campsite on the river. It's about 200 yds down from where the snake and isabella come together. Should be about 15-18 ft deep. you want to be right where it goes from rocks to grass. If you are in the right spot you can put the rod over one side and have rocks and on the other have grass. I have been in there before and pulled in 100 walleyes in a day.

As of right now I am tennativly planning on going in Saturday 06/28/08 for a day of fishing. So, depending on how long you re in there might have to try and find you.

thanks for all the info. Only problem is I wrote down the wrong dates. Actually heading up the 9th of July but should still be some decent fishing?

Right on Berky, ill be lookin for ya. ill either be fishin in the river or near the island where the river enters the lake.

I've been into Gabbro & Bald Eagle many times. I like Gabbro because it is just one long portage in then its easy the rest of the way. I always bring my lawn chair and a light cooler for some fresh food and cold drinks.

The fishing in Gabbro is very consistant. There are lots of 14 to 15 inch walleyes that are easy to locate. Gabbro has some current. Find the pinch points with current and the W's will be around. Walleyes will also be on main lake/ channel reefs. On Bald Eagle I would look for prominent points and the reefs just off of the larger points.

Is entry point #33 just a portage from the parking lot?

Bump, anybody on my previous post?