• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Clear Lake muskies

I'll be fishing Clear lake in Washington county tomorrow, and was looking for some advice. Any locations to look for, lures, or any help would be welcome. Thanks!

My only time on there I caught one in the bay on the opposite side of the landing in the shallows.

How is ice fishing on clear lake in winter?.Any Blue-gills in this lake?

Thanks.

Hi,

Relatively little structure, so hit the few main humps. I'd recommend trolling with the bigger Raps like Shads HJs in 12 or 14, and the larger Rap minnows. Good shot at a tiger and a bonus walleye or pike too.

Like Cjac said, I would troll some larger shad raps (#9) or some rapala floating minnows, larger husky jerk-baits, or if you want to throw a spinnerbait, nothing beats a Rizzo tail in the spring. The water is still cold, so I have been catching all of my muskies on smaller baits and in pretty shallow water. Casting shoreline structure is probably going to be your best bet. Good luck and post some pics if you have any success.

GoggleEye