• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

So I'm looking at pine county lakes in the DNR lakefinder and I come across fox lake, located just west of Willow River. On the lakefinder it shows as a 239 acre lake with a 15 foot depth, and loaded with crappies. The recreation compass shows it's right off county road 41. So I look into my minnesota atlas and there is no fox lake! confused Does this lake exist? If so, why isn't it in the atlas?

It exists. I grew up around the area, but havent been on that lake in so long I dont even remember where its at smile

But its there!

Fox lake used to be a hot lake but it has been fished out for the past few years. It doesn't take long to fish out a lake that little and it gets tons of pressure when the bite is good. There is still a few small pike in there but the landing is very shallow and there is floating bog that moves around and at time blocks off the only shallow chanel to the lake from the access. The hot Crappie bite this year has be Grindstone from what I have heard. Plus a few bonus Trout to boot.

I was considering it for early ice season, but when I couldn't find it on the map I was a little confused. I am glad to hear though that it does indeed exist! smile