• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bug control in the boat

harvey lee

Boy, thats strange as all I have had with these units is very good control. We had one in the race trailer last night at the track and it helped there also with the interior lights on and the doors open.

If you don't care for them Eric and cannot return them, give me a call as I may be interested in them.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harvey lee

• Shack

• Sandmannd

• Scott K

I am a believer.. I have a shack on Little Pleasant Lake, at the end of the road, in the trees. I have a pond to the southeast, the Lake to the south and west. A low area to the northwest and a pond on the north end of the property, Between the north pond and the pond to the southeast is a wheat field.

In previous years on the Fourth of July weekend, after dusk there was no way you would survive the skeeters outside after dark.

Using the Thermocell this year the family was able to set by the campfire till midnight with little bother from them. Step away from the area the Thermocell was and they would attack and carry ya back to the pond to finish you off later.

I will be purchasing more of these units.

Certainly cheaper than West Nile.

Lynn

I used mine last night on the shoreline of Mississippi River fishing for carp.The Thermocell worked beautifully keeping away the skeeters, and flies, but it had little effect in keeping away the gnats.Oh,well,just keeping the skeeters away is definitely worth the price I paid for it.

We will be up in MN the middle of Aug. for a couple weeks. Where can I get these Thermacells, what ever it is, sounds like most of you are happy with them

Walmart, GanderMountain, Cabelas, Scheels All Sports, I am sure other outdoor stores as well!

Wally world in the camping section.... prolly the best pricing, I haven't checked specifically, but it's a reasonable guess.

Wally World they are $22; Fleet Farm saw them for $20.

I am on a free roll because I used some of my Bass Pro Shop credit card points to buy mine. I paid $21.99 for the olive color model and bought a 4 pack of refills. Should be enough for my upcoming 2 week trip to Cass Lake. I will report back after Aug 3rd when I get back and let everybody know how they did.

I tell you what, if they worked on those darn biting flies I would wear the darn thing like a gangster necklace!!! I hate those biting flies.

Windy

Quote:
I would wear the darn thing like a gangster necklace!!!

Now that would be some funny looking bling grin

Oh come on Windy, you could start the next wave of popular BLING.

That with my White Sox championship t shirt, I will be the envy of everybody on Cass Lake. SWEET!

I wonder if I can get an appointment with my dentist before the trip to get a set of "grills" on my teeth.

Smokin! Windy City Style baby.

Windy

Don't forget to put your pants under your cheeks and wear an upside down, backwards visor as well.

I just recently got married outside in Ely. When we went out to where we were getting married the mosquitos and sand flies were horrible. We bought 4 thermocells to place around during the ceremony. These things worked awesome, the bugs were pretty much not even there during the wedding. We did have one older lady pick one up and try to talk and listen into it like a walkie talkie though!

We did have one older lady pick one up and try to talk and listen into it like a walkie talkie though!

Now that is funny!!!!!!!!

Lynn

With the skeeters being so bad I had to buy one of these. Thanks for the tip and reports; this works great for me when shore fishing.

I just recently got married outside in Ely.

You look to young to get married grin

Congrats!

Well i purchase one of these a couple weeks ago and got to test it out over the 4th on the lake. We had no skeeters around the boat but for some reason as soon as we turned it on we got swarmed with may files. i had to shut the unit off and then they cleared away some. I didnt know if it was just a fluke but tried it the second night and same results??? attract some keep away others? I will keep this unit in the boat though for the skeeters.

Praise the dragon fly. Best skeeter invention yet.

Now if you could just buy them and put them on a short leash around camp and in the boat grin

They were in the Fleet Farm flyer yesterday for $16.99 this week. That's a good price for these things.

Yea Grant, I just looked and the refill pack is on sale for $4.99.

I have burning my waffers for a long, long time now. double, almost tripple what they are rated for and they still seem to work.

I just have to try refilling the bottles. 4.w.e. I will let you know how it goes wink

Just remember a RiverRats famous last words, "Hey ya'll watch this"

Ya, I know grin

I have not needed a refill yet, but will give it a try. Just like refilling a lighter, or should be.

I gave it the biggest test ever todaycatching bullheads. I was fishing by a small creek in the woods with alot of tall weeds at the shore. I went there with cut offs and ashort sleeve t-shirt. No wind, 89 and hot. Bugs were everywhere and I turned on this thermo Cell and sat and fished for two hours and was never bit by a bug.

How does one beat that??

I gave it the biggest test ever todaycatching bullheads. I was fishing by a small creek in the woods with alot of tall weeds at the shore. I went there with cut offs and ashort sleeve t-shirt. No wind, 89 and hot. Bugs were everywhere and I turned on this thermo Cell and sat and fished for two hours and was never bit by a bug.

How does one beat that??

Man, I hope those weren't Daisy Duke style!! laughwhistlecool

Glad to hear it worked so well. Looking forward to meeting you at the catfish get together on Saturday.

No Daisy Duke style for me. This Saturday will be a fun day to meet many and also catch a few cats. We will have to tip one Sandmannd

See you all Saturday.

Originally Posted By: harvey lee

How does one beat that??

Man, I hope those weren't Daisy Duke style!! laughwhistlecool

Glad to hear it worked so well. Looking forward to meeting you at the catfish get together on Saturday.

Harvey in daisy dukes.. not the kind of thing a guy wants to read about at 06:26!! hehehe all's in good humor fellas~

See you Saturday.